What was the last song that got stuck in your head??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to the recent Levi jeans commercial, Willie Nelson's "Always on my mind". (That played over......and over.............and over..........and over)

What was the last song that got stuck in your head?

Julie V, are you a Gomer Pyle fan, too? GP used to air here at five in the afternoon on weekdays and not it's off the air. Andy Griffith is still on the air here and ditto with Green Acres. I've seen each episode of Gomer Pyle at least ten times but I LOVE IT. The show gave me a lift. It's not realistic but it's such good humor and I love Gomer, foibles and frailties and all!

yes honeybee, I have always liked jim nabors.. he's a really good singer too.

the last song that got stuck in my head was "Shoop" by Salt-n-Pepper.. or is it peppa? I don't know.. but heard it on the radio earlier.

Blue Velvet
Bobby Vinton

She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet was the night
Softer than satin was the light
From the stars

She wore blue velvet
Bluer than velvet were her eyes
Warmer than May her tender sighs
Love was ours

Ours a love I held tightly
Feeling the rapture grow
Like a flame burning brightly
But when she left, gone was the glow of

Blue velvet
But in my heart there'll always be
Precious and warm, a memory
Through the years
And I still can see blue velvet
Through my tears

Otter, send your parents to Branson, Missouri! They can see Bobby Vinton (who also does polka music, but you probably already knew that) and some great polka shows. Maybe even Frankie Yankovic if they're lucky.

You just know how to push my buttons, doncha?

It would have been impossible not to know a little about polka growing up in a Midwestern town populated by lots of German/Polish farmers. But now you're getting out of my limited arena of polka trivia. Frankie was the king where I lived. Pockets of polka purists (say that 10 times real fast) still exist in the Chicago area.

mudbug said:
Otter, send your parents to Branson, Missouri! They can see Bobby Vinton (who also does polka music, but you probably already knew that) and some great polka shows. Maybe even Frankie Yankovic if they're lucky.

You just know how to push my buttons, doncha?

my parents went to branson and absolutley loved it. they went to the osmond's show, and got to meet them afterwards. it was a very patriotic show. my parents said they were in tears by the end of it. then, the osmond's came out to meet and greet everyone, and my parents took some pics with them. they can't wait to go back.

It's hugely popular, especially with the older set. My MIL has visited Branson several times, as part of a group and otherwise, and always comments on the congestion.

Back
Top Bottom