What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mahalo, thanks SS and Chief.
I enjoyed making this pie, the curd I had made sometime back and froze it, along with the whites.
Meyer Lemon's season is so short, but they are so tasty.
For the crust, I used Martha Stewart's recipe for pate brisee, I love that one and DH really enjoys it. I make the double crust recipe, but only make a single 9" crust, much thicker than what is called for. That's how much my husband likes the crust.
Chief, I was SO nervous doing the meringue, I had never done this before. I saw something where the meringue was piped on with a star tip, and I thought I'd give it a shot, being as it was a celebration.
:king:

I have about a cup of frozen lemon juice from lemons when the recipe calls for only zest and one or two teaspoons of lemon juice. I need to make something lemon. I also have frozen lemon zest from lemons where the recipe calls for only lemon juice. I am not one to waste anything. :angel:

I had some leftover Pate Brisee from the Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie that I made for my husband's birthday celebration, along with three large Apples sitting on the kitchen counter, getting too rip, FAST.
SO...

002.JPG

004.JPG

007.JPG

Apple Crostata ala mode
DH: "I can't stop smacking my lips this is so good!"
:)
DH: "When can you make another one?"

Now you've done it. I tried the Martha Stewart recipe with a Granny Smith apple pie. Ooooh, Momma! The crust is so rich and buttery! I will be trying lemon curd tarts using Princess Fiona's curd recipe and Meyer lemons (if I can find them) with that scrumptious pastry you introduced. Thank you!

Now you've done it. I tried the Martha Stewart recipe with a Granny Smith apple pie. Ooooh, Momma! The crust is so rich and buttery! I will be trying lemon curd tarts using Princess Fiona's curd recipe and Meyer lemons (if I can find them) with that scrumptious pastry you introduced. Thank you!

Your welcome
Martha's pastry recipe is my fave
It's PIE! season, go for it!

WOW S&P that's outa this world!
I've never made a Cheesecake before.
I have a recipe for the Italian version, but I've never had the nerve to make any type of Cheesecake before.
Maybe I'll try my hand at it for New Year's Eve or some other group gathering, I certainly wouldn't want this in my house for very long :LOL: That could be very dangerous to my waistline :blush:

Caramel Cheesecake w/ caramel sauce

img_1438856_0_2850ca97b1891549a563b56fc0b1fe6c.jpg

I wonder if we use the same New York Cheesecake recipe. Your cheesecake, from the picture looks like it's cooked perfectly to a creamy finish. I can tell that it's not a heavy, firm cheesecake, but creamy. It took me a while to learn to cook mine to that consistency, though cooking longer to a firmer custard can allow me to do magical things to it as well. I'd like to share notes with you.

Your cheesecake with the caramel sauce looks fantastic. Nice job. This is you -:chef:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

WOW S&P that's outa this world!
I've never made a Cheesecake before.
I have a recipe for the Italian version, but I've never had the nerve to make any type of Cheesecake before.
Maybe I'll try my hand at it for New Year's Eve or some other group gathering, I certainly wouldn't want this in my house for very long :LOL: That could be very dangerous to my waistline :blush:

Cheesecakes are dead simple, K~Girl. We would all be excited to walk you through your first one.:pig:

Cheesecakes are dead simple, K~Girl. We would all be excited to walk you through your first one.:pig:

Absolutely. If I can make two of them in one day, you can make one.

For the longest time I was very hesitant to make one. Then I came across the Eagle Brand of condensed sweetened milk for a chocolate chip cheesecake. Fewer ingredients and simple directions. Having made that one a couple of times, I now make the pumpkin, regular, and other flavors. And I feel so confident in making these, I now can change the ingredients or flavors if I am willing to experiment.

Give it a try. You won't regret it. Get a 7 inch springform pan. That way your waistline won't get mad at you. It is a perfect size for just two people. It is the size I use for my grandson's every year. His waistline loves them also. :angel:

SO made a couple of pumpkin rolls yesterday. One for the freezer and one for today's dinner with DD.

Back
Top Bottom