What's for dinner Saturday, January 7, 2023

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Spinach garlic pasta with Marsala sweet onion sauce
20230107_185528.jpg

Last edited:
We had Mexican Chicken with Cream Sauce. My resolution (after not really doing resolutions for years) is to reduce food waste. I've been shopping my refrigerator and pantry before shopping for food. I had a few peppers and some crema leftover, so googled and found the recipe. It turned out pretty good but I sincerely wish that the poblano peppers had more "punch" to them. It was almost like they were bell peppers. I made a lime-cilantro rice (using leftover limes) and had some fresh pineapple to go with it.

Attachments

• 2023-01-06 16.55.15.jpg
    2023-01-06 16.55.15.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 1
What the heck happened to what I wrote before I uploaded those pix? Well, this is what I wrote, but didn't get posted:

"Tonight for supper I made a Danish "chicken in curry" dish with leftover chicken from the NYE ginormous roast chicken. The chicken dish is an old, traditional, fusion dish that uses cream cheese as the thickener for the sauce. It has apple.

"I also made a new to me recipe, cucumber and tomato soup. @Aunt Bea recommended it. It was in a video of Jacques Pépin making it. It was a bit odd, but quite good. We had that as a starter and as our veggies. And today I learned that it is probably best to chiffonade basil immediately before using it.
It looks kind of sad on the soup."

I have decided that the soup is not odd, it is really good. I went back and had the rest of it as a snack. I really enjoyed it with some Cracked Wheat crackers. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom