What's in the pan, Stan? 08/04/2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CWS4322 said:
I've added homemade hummus and homemade ww pitas to the mix. The problem is--I like to eat hummus off the spoon. Today's hummus included fresh cilantro and salted peanuts (about 1/3 c), 1/2 fresh Serrano pepper, garlic, fresh lemon juice (1 lemon), zest from 1/2 of the lemon, chick peas (about 4 c), tahini (about 2 T), chilpolte chili, cumin, olive oil. I think that was everything :), maybe I better get my spoon and double-check. :chef:

Your hummus sounds good. I'm another who can eat hummus just by itself with a spoon! Yum!

We're off to a first birthday party and our daughter's annual cookout. Let's just say birthday party and cookout food. All I know for sure is there will be ranch potato salad because I'm making it right now.

That sounds like a lot of fun Andy :)

Have a wonderful time :)

"Channeling pac"? Geez, don't channel me CW, I'm always flipping channels :stuart:

I'm going to grill a T-bone and a potato on the Smokey Joe tonight. I'll also make a salad and some sauteed zuchinni with herbs de provence to round things out.

Hey Andy, what is ranch potato salad? Do you substitute ranch dressing for the mayo, or add some ranch seasoning to the mixture?

DW and I are going to an Olympics-themed party tonight. Everyone is supposed to bring a dish representing one of the countries participating. I decided to go with Greece (ok, I know it's probably the most obvious choice :rolleyes:). I have a bone-in leg-o-lamb that's been marinating in the fridge for the last two days. In the past I've used a wet marinade with the typical lemon-olive oil base. This time I decided to try a dry herb rub.

At 5 pm it will go on the rotisserie.

Oh, and homemade tzatziki and pita bread on the side.

I'm hungry already. :pig:

That is brilliant Steve, I am sure you will have a lot of fun!

Your greek inspired dish sounds wonderful, a crowd pleaser for sure :yum:

The Vet and I are celebrating his birthday 60 km. from Puglia, in the Ionic Island of Corfu, Greece for 3 days 2 nights ... We shall enjoy the Ionic Corfu Meze, fresh seared fish and shellfish, marinated olives, taramosalata, dolmades and a good bottle of ice cold Sparkling Wine ...

Have a great August,
Ciao, Margaux.

That sounds lovely Margi, lovely food and a superb place to be :)

Happy Birthday to The Vet :)

Minced up some leftover grilled ribeye, still have some fresh corn in the fridge, homegrown tomatoes, Tostitos, beans, am thinking Mexican something.

Had one of these for lunch (Double-Double - double patties, double cheese & grilled onions) & fries. I may never eat again. lol Ready for a nap.

Stirling's tummy is "delicate", so he's scrounging. I made myself a filet mignon, just fried, and some steamed broccoli. I love plain, steamed broccoli. I'm kinda fond of a nice, rare, filet mignon steak too.

We were so full after 2 egg rolls, coleslaw, and corn salad, we didn't get to the wings, hummus, pita, or 4-bean salad (not to mention, the fudge cake). Guess what's on the table tomorrow!

We were so full after 2 egg rolls, coleslaw, and corn salad, we didn't get to the wings, hummus, pita, or 4-bean salad (not to mention, the fudge cake). Guess what's on the table tomorrow!
Pics of a couple of the pitas, hummus, and a couple of the egg rolls.

Attachments

• CWS_pitas 001.jpg
    CWS_pitas 001.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 151
  • CWS August 4 001.jpg
    CWS August 4 001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 140
  • CWS_eggrolls.jpg
    CWS_eggrolls.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 187
Had one of these for lunch (Double-Double - double patties, double cheese & grilled onions) & fries. I may never eat again. lol Ready for a nap.

Oh, Cerise....I'm going down to visit my daughter in Santa Clarita next month and am looking forward to a double double. My 3 or 4 times a year guilty pleasure. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom