What's on the Menu for Monday, 2nd October '23?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I concocted a meal today. Chopped some onions and Chorizo and fried them off slowly, then added some chunks of chicken breast. Added some extra hot smoked paprika and then some flour, then added some chicken stock. Added sliced mushrooms, a tin of borlotti beans and let it simmer while I fried some potatoes. Added some frozen petit pois and pre-cooked broad beans, and then, just before serving, a little cream to temper the heat and ate! Think I broke a few culinary rules here, but it went down very well with Ollie (and me). :)

He's having planned over cauliflower wings for dinner before the monthly bee meeting and snacking on oat cookies. I'm having glazed brussel sprouts, another beet greens smoothie, and beets. I'm baking some basic granola and making veggie brown basmati rice to have on hand.

Crab stuffed shrimp and rice pilaf.

20231002_183753.jpg

Mix-mash of several things, small sweet potato, brussels, green and yellow zucchini, haddock (or cod- can't remember) all baked in the oven with a mix of butter, avocado oil, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic brushed over. Very good but not a wowser. Brussels, green zucchini and fish were the best part.

@medtran49 reminded me that it was national seafood month. I made seared scallops over pasta with sauteed homegrown red bell pepper, diced mushrooms, roasted garlic, shallot, spinach, fresh garden basil, and green onion over fettuccine in a white wine cream sauce.

Hubby was being a PITA right before serving so no plating photos.

I added the green things after the sauce had reduced and pasta had been added.

20231002_223645.jpg

20231002_232528.jpg
20231002_232519.jpg

I forgot to mention, with a comment elsewhere, I baked the fish on a scallion cut into about 2" pieces as a sort of rack. It worked beautifully.
As scallions work a number on me unless really well cooked this is going to be great for future things like chicken, chops, etc. Gives the flavour and I can eat them as well.

Looks so delicious. Can you post those recipes please.
Sure, the potatoes were from a video on Facebook. I don't remember who shared the video, maybe Aunt Bea?

And the bean sprout stir fry was from a YouTube video. The ingredients are listed below the video on YouTube. I found it was vastly improved by the addition of some tamari. I made the version with no meat added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom