What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Kids Are All Right

A film about 2 kids and their lesbian parents. It was a good film. Many location scenes looked familiar....and realized the film was shot in my neighborhood. Extra points for that...lol...

We watched "Tales from Earthsea" yesterday.

It is a film from Ghibli studios in Japan.Hayoa Miyazaki's son directed this one (his first I think). The animation was great as usual and the story was too. Two thumbs up!

We own almost every movie from Ghibli studios. They are like a Japanese Disney but a little darker than the traditional Disney.

Parenthood was the last movie, last night. It's one of the movies I seem to watch anytime it is on.
Prior to that, Frozen.

The Hurricane. No, it wasn't about weather, it was the story of the boxer, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter who was accused (and convicted) of murder in the '60s. The evidence was tainted, he served, I think, 20 years, before he was released. The case was taken to the Supreme Court (after two trials in NJ) and not to the NJ court with new evidence. I gather that if you have new evidence, you are not to take the case to the Supreme Court for the State unless you have presented the same in a lower court. Denzel Washington played Ruben. It was a very good movie. We don't usually watch the out takes, but we did for this one.

The Hurricane. No, it wasn't about weather, it was the story of the boxer, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter who was accused (and convicted) of murder in the '60s. The evidence was tainted, he served, I think, 20 years, before he was released. The case was taken to the Supreme Court (after two trials in NJ) and not to the NJ court with new evidence. I gather that if you have new evidence, you are not to take the case to the Supreme Court for the State unless you have presented the same in a lower court. Denzel Washington played Ruben. It was a very good movie. We don't usually watch the out takes, but we did for this one.
I have not seen the movie, but I am very familiar with the Bob Dylan song of the same name about Rubin Carter. It is a seriously powerful song.

It would have been crazy not to use it I guess.

In the first seven years that he was in prison, there were a lot of efforts to get him released--and that's when he wrote and performed the song as a part of the "marches" to get his case retried.

Our last movie was "Memento." A very different kind of movie. One we had to watch carefully (turn your head and you miss something big). I didn't like the language (especially one of the women), but the story was very interesting.

I brought Julie and Julia home from the library yesterday and we watched it last night. Sooo fun and good. Glenn even said it was just as good, or better, than when we originally saw it in the theatre when it came out.
Even though it's a bit of a chick flick, he really enjoyed it. Both times.

He just began to comprehend the magnitude of Julie Powell's undertaking. He commented something to the effect that why couldn't someone cook through a cookbook from the first page to the last. I realized he didn't quite have a grasp of the size of the task.

Then...I went to my cookbook bookcase and showed him the book. Oh, boy, he understood. I told him I thought I'd go what Julie did and he got the goofiest look on his face. I then said, "Nah! I'll just do every other page."

He almost took me seriously.

However, tomorrow night, we're going to have Julia's cream of mushroom soup for dinner. Not exactly on page one, but it's a start.:angel:

Not a movie, but we watched the First Season of "The Good Life" or "Good Neighbors" in the US, today. I love that show and was having fun remembering watching it the first time. Thanks Dave for letting me know where to find it!

"Terminator Salvation." It was ok, but not great. Not in the same league with the other Terminator movies by a long-shot.

A bio-pic, The Life and Death of Peter Sellers, with Geoffrey Rush as Peter Sellers and Emily Watson as his long-suffering wife. John Lithgow popped up as Blake Edwards, who cast Sellers in the Pink Panther movies. Altogether, it left a melancholy feeling. And Mom took it on the chin again as a big reason for Sellers' strange state of mind.

Back
Top Bottom