What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night we watched "Contagion." We both really liked it.

The night before, we watched "Hereafter." We're going to have to try that one again because I must have missed something. James slept through most of it so he obviously missed a lot. I was awake and I watched it, but I was tired so I must have missed something because I totally did not get the end at all. We will try it again soon to see if it made any sense because it sure didn't that night.

You're all going to laugh. The last movie I saw in a theater? Dirty Old Men. Seriously. I gave up "going to the movies" pretty much the last time I went to one in Hawaii, and the popcorn was stale and in huge bags brought in from the mainland. What's the point of going to a theater if not popcorn? So now it's Netflix, and hubby pretty much gets what he wants. Can't remember what the last one that I thought was good.

We watched The Kings Speech last night, it wasn't as slow as I thought it might be.

We also watched Love and Other Drugs. Not bad, Kathleen said "I hate this movie" about halfway through, then changed her mind near the end.

I, too, liked The King's Speech - and think Geoffrey Rush is underrated. He's always good.

Last night watched Shutter Island w/Leonardo Di Caprio. Kept thinking it was just OK, nothing special, until toward the end. One of those creepers that leaves you thinking it really was worth making. I should have known Scorsese would come through.

Before that, it was Last Orders with Michael Caine, but also with Bob Hoskins who IMHO stole the show -- another underrated actor. Touching story all in all that unfolded beautifully.

tinlizzie said:
I, too, liked The King's Speech - and think Geoffrey Rush is underrated. He's always good.

Last night watched Shutter Island w/Leonardo Di Caprio. Kept thinking it was just OK, nothing special, until toward the end. One of those creepers that leaves you thinking it really was worth making. I should have known Scorsese would come through.

Before that, it was Last Orders with Michael Caine, but also with Bob Hoskins who IMHO stole the show -- another underrated actor. Touching story all in all that unfolded beautifully.

I loved Shutter Island although the ending was a bit of a disappointment for me. Still a great move though.
Another good Di Caprio movie is Blood Diamond. His acting in that is world class in my opinion.

Watched Revolver on Netflix this afternoon. What a load of rubbish I don't have a clue what it was about and got so bored I ended up browsing the net on my phone 3/4 of the way through. So boring.

I loved Shutter Island although the ending was a bit of a disappointment for me. Still a great move though.
Another good Di Caprio movie is Blood Diamond. His acting in that is world class in my opinion.

Watched Revolver on Netflix this afternoon. What a load of rubbish I don't have a clue what it was about and got so bored I ended up browsing the net on my phone 3/4 of the way through. So boring.
I definitely agree with what you said about his acting in "Blood Diamond." :cool:

Tonight we watched "Hit List" with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Cole Hauser. I didn't like the language, but the movie was pretty good.

God's Country - a 1985 documentary by French film-maker Louis Malle. Here's what the Netflix envelope says: "Over the course of 6 years...Malle chronicles the shocking economic decline of a small Midwestern farming community in the cradle of America's heartland. After capturing the daily lives of Glencoe, Minn., residents on film in 1979, Malle returned in 1985 at the start of Ronald Reagan's second presidential term to find the town drowning in foreclosures and financial crises." Just fascinating to watch; I wonder about today's Glencoe.

Grandson was off of school today because of all of the snow, so we had a movie marathon. First we watched E.T. (1982) then Mr. Bean's Vacation, The Goonies and Beauty and The Beast ( I had never seen that one).

Grandson was off of school today because of all of the snow, so we had a movie marathon. First we watched E.T. (1982) then Mr. Bean's Vacation, The Goonies and Beauty and The Beast ( I had never seen that one).

I just loved Angela Landsbury as Mrs. Potts. :)

Back
Top Bottom