What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have a booth outside of Walgreens here. You apparently stick in some money, pick out a movie, and the machine spits out a DVD. Is that right? Then you return it.

I've never used it, but that's what it looks like.

That's exactly it. No return dates, but they do charge you for the cost if it has been over like 3 months(I found out the hard way. . .but, I did loose it in a move).

The selection can be iffy, but, you can go onto the website and see what is available at your local Redbox, and for a buck, it's not a bad deal. . . and I take back "iffy", I guess it's just that I have GMU a mile down the street, and all the New Releases I would go for were always out.

They have a booth outside of Walgreens here. You apparently stick in some money, pick out a movie, and the machine spits out a DVD. Is that right? Then you return it.

I've never used it, but that's what it looks like.

Mostly. You have to use a bit of plastic to get the movie out, it won't take paper or metal money.

You can also get BD from them, but the selection is REALLY spotty on those. My biggest complaint with them is their lack of inventory and selection of BD.

That's exactly it. No return dates, but they do charge you for the cost if it has been over like 3 months(I found out the hard way. . .but, I did loose it in a move).

The selection can be iffy, but, you can go onto the website and see what is available at your local Redbox, and for a buck, it's not a bad deal. . . and I take back "iffy", I guess it's just that I have GMU a mile down the street, and all the New Releases I would go for were always out.

From their site:

"Your rental period ends at 9:00 p.m. the day after you rent. Want to hold onto your disc for longer? No problem. For each additional night you keep it, you’ll be charged for another rental period + applicable tax. If you hold onto your disc for the maximum rental period, you'll be charged the maximum charge and the disc is yours to keep. Those fees are $24 + tax for DVDs* ($25.40 in Maryland), $34.50 + tax for Blu-ray™ Discs ($35.51 in Maryland) and $60 + tax for video games ($61.48 in Maryland). At kiosks where DVDs rent for $1, the maximum rental period is 25 days and the maximum rental charge is $25."

Not the cheapest way to purchase a movie, and you don't get the extras disc either.

My approach is usually see if what I want is on the movie channels, then check availability on Redbox and then go to VuDu for streaming (that is more expensive, but sometimes it is the way to get the movie).

What is "Redbox"? I get email from them that is obviously meant for someone else.
It's a type of vending machine for dvd's. You swipe your credit card, movies are usually around $1.00. You can keep them for 24 hours or they charge you until you bring them back. Redboxes are usually located outside a convenience store or walgreens. They are red & about the size of a pop machine.

We throughly enjoyed Hugo last night as well as War horse for only $2.40 for both movies.

It's a type of vending machine for dvd's. You swipe your credit card, movies are usually around $1.00. You can keep them for 24 hours or they charge you until you bring them back. Redboxes are usually located outside a convenience store or walgreens. They are red & about the size of a pop machine.

We throughly enjoyed Hugo last night as well as War horse for only $2.40 for both movies.
Block Buster has the same set-up, but theirs are blue.

Late Sunday night we watch "The Grey" with Liam Neeson (sp?). The language was horrible. The movie was okay. About 30% of me liked the ending, but about 70% didn't. I'm glad we watched it, but it is not one I would want to watch again.

I finally watched "J. Edgar" with Leonardo DiCaprio. It was well done for a biopic.

I need to learn to start movies at a lower volume, though. Less than a minute in, the movie had an explosion that just about knocked me out of my chair. Not something one would normally expect in this type of movie. :LOL:

Last edited:
I finally watched "J. Edgar" with Leonardo DiCaprio. It was well done for a biopic.

I need to learn to start movies at a lower volume, though. Less than a minute in, the movie had an explosion that just about knocked me out of my chair. Not something one would normally expect in this type of movie. :LOL:
What bugs me are the movies that are about 60% normal volume, 20% explosions, and 20% whispering! :LOL::wacko:

I've been on a Mel Gibson kick lately - which is odd, because I'm not really a huge fan.

Anyways, watched 'Apocalypto' yesterday. A really powerful movie, spoken completely in Mayan (with English subtitles). I'm not normally into movies that are all subtitles, but this movie is awesome!

I tried watching regular tv last night but there are so many commercials it was horrible. I'll be putting a movie on tonight.

When I put on a DVD, since they get so loud and so soft, I put the english subtitles on. If I haven't fallen asleep, I can at least read it without waking the neighbors with the noise of the movie.

Last one was "Everybody's Fine" - De Niro. Not a good choice if you're feeling sorry for yourself because you haven't heard from the kids. Well done, but not exactly uplifting.

Before that was "The Way Back," the movie version of a book I read recently, supposedly written by a Polish man who along with several others escaped from a Soviet labor camp in Siberia. They (most of them) finally made it all the way to Tibet. Ed Harris was in the movie as the lone American. IMO he's always really good. There's some question as to whether the author of the book actually made the trek or if he "stole" the story.

Tonight is "Paris, Je T'aime" with Natalie Portman, Willem Dafoe, Bob Hoskins.

Vitauta, I was just catching up and saw your earlier post. Sorry I hadn't seen it. Yes, I LOVE a good movie and am so grateful for Netflix.

Friday Night 25th: The Inheritance of The Hansens

;) 1stly: LA HERENCIA DE LOS HANSEN a Chilean and German film 2007 with Franco Nero, Bettina Zimmermann and Oliver Bootz is a favorite film which I have seen over the last 5 years several times. I am a Franco Nero afficionada which means Fan in English. It is quite an interesting crime mystery about the death of Franco´s father and the love of a woman and a daughter he had never known existed until she came to his Ranch to tell him of the truth of her Mother who had not killed his dad, and of her disappearance which had to do with his sister who paid off the Nuns at the Convent to hide her and her Mother ... The photography of Chile is quite impressive.

2ndly: MARISOL, the Shirley Temple of Spain, had been the most stunning young child star of the 1950s in Spain. Her real name, PEPA FLORES, a blonde, blue eyed singing childhood actress now in her early 60s hails from Málaga, though one would never believe her Spanish. Her documentary on her childhood acting career was on Friday the 25th. I have seen it as well, however, she is one of my fave classics ...

Ciao.
Margi. Cintrano. ;)

Margi.

Last edited:
I was in the mood for an "end of the world if someone doesn't act fast to save it" movie, so we watched one we just got last night, "Arctic Blast." Not bad. We have seen much better, but we have also seen much worse. :)

Back
Top Bottom