What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seabiscuit was on TV last night. Saw it first time several years ago at a theater. I felt silly sitting there all choked up so many times - was it Randy Newman's score? Well, partly, but it was the great acting, exciting racing, believable script, and being based on a true story. What a good movie! I enjoyed seeing the depiction of the 1930's Triple Crown winner, War Admiral, on the heels of this year's Triple Crown competition. Probably not a coincidence...

Is the movie Secretariat anywhere near as good as Seabiscuit? Comments invited.

Seabiscuit was on TV last night. Saw it first time several years ago at a theater. I felt silly sitting there all choked up so many times - was it Randy Newman's score? Well, partly, but it was the great acting, exciting racing, believable script, and being based on a true story. What a good movie! I enjoyed seeing the depiction of the 1930's Triple Crown winner, War Admiral, on the heels of this year's Triple Crown competition. Probably not a coincidence...

Is the movie Secretariat anywhere near as good as Seabiscuit? Comments invited.

I have seen Seabiscuit about four times. Great movie. I saw Secretariat race all three races for the crown. He was 25 lengths ahead when he ran the Kentucky Derby. They had an aerial shot of him crossing the winning line. The rest of the field wasn't even in the picture. I want to see the picture also. BTW, they still have a large supply of his sperm.:ermm:

Last edited:
The kids watched John Carter twice in the car on a recent road trip. We finally put it on the big screen tonight and i couldn't get through it.
Not impressed!

We watched a movie on Netflix at our friends' tonight. It was "Toxic Skies." Kind of a government conspiracy "Outbreak" type movie. We all enjoyed it.

Last night Glenn and I watched The Secret Life of Bees. Very, very good film that held quite true to the book. The book was better because there were so many rich details. It would've been impossible to put them all into a movie.

I just watched The Secret life of Bees on instant amazon based on all the recommendations here. I loved it! I want to read the book now. I usually read the books first and watch the movie later but I am involved in so many books now, this one will have to wait! :)

We had planned on watching "Apostle Peter and The Last Supper" (I think that is the title) tomorrow with friends, but since everyone was there last night we watched it then. What a disappointment. I love a good Christian movie, but this was not one. It was boring and it twisted scripture horribly.

I really liked that movie. Many people make a comparison between Forrest Gump and that movie because of the similarities in the entire plot.
Curious Case Of Forrest Gump Vs Benjamin Button Video

I'm not sure that if Benjamin Button had gone to a doctor, the doctor would have believed his condition (since it really isn't a condition that exists) which would have clarified for the movie watcher that this movie is based on an impossible and unbelievable premise.

The impossible and unbelievable premise is another problem I have with the movie.....

The Rodger Ebert review of the movie is a good one...

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews

...Just watched Born Losers ... first in the "Billy Jack" trilogy............ not nearly as good as I remembered; a Liza Minnelli clone in the female lead..............

Last night we watched "The Adjustment Bureau". I liked it. Took a bit to figure what was going on but once you did it was very intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom