What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard Claudia Cardinale's name in years. She came here to try her hand in Hollywood. The only parts she could get were the dumb beautiful other woman. She got frustrated and went back to Europe. :angel:

She was really beautiful, can't comment on how smart or dumb she was, but I was surprised to see how much she looked like Catherine Zeta-Jones - or rather the other way around. I think Zeta-Jones is one of Hollywood's most beautiful faces these days.

We watched "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" with Nicolas Cage and Alfred Molina (love him!) on Sunday. It was good, though completely predictable. It was a Disney movie and it included a "live" action rendition of the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" scene in "Fantasia" with Mickey Mouse. They had a special feature on how that scene was done and that everyone involved remembered the original and wanted this to be a good tribute....and that it was in my books :).

The Help. OMG it was a good movie!! It made me laugh and cry and cheer!

i watched "galaxy quest" again this morning. being a trekkie, i love that movie. and sigourney weaver has never looked better in any movie! va-voom! i mentioned to dw that she should get her hair cut the same as sigourney weaver's in the movie since they look a little alike. she just ignored me, probably surprised that i noticed that she even had hair.

Watched "Cowboys & Aliens" for the third time. As a lover of both sci-fi and westerns, how much better does it get? :)
If you like westerns, scifi, and hokey old movies from the 30s, you should check out Phantom Empire
It's a 12 part serial starring Gene Autry (the singing cowboy). You can download it free, it's in the public domain now.

It's a little annoying in terms of long credits at the beginning and long recaps of the previous episode, but it is wonderfully hokey.

i watched "galaxy quest" again this morning. being a trekkie, i love that movie. and sigourney weaver has never looked better in any movie! va-voom! i mentioned to dw that she should get her hair cut the same as sigourney weaver's in the movie since they look a little alike. she just ignored me, probably surprised that i noticed that she even had hair.

That one is so funny..

Must get Cowboys and Aliens. And I loved Shaun of the Dead.

So many movies, so little time.

Last night I watched another good Netflix doc, titled "Sweetgrass." This was Montana sheepherders bringing their flocks down from the Absaroka/Beartooth Range of mountains. These folks were the genuine article -- and their lambs were not white as snow. In some of the scenes there were so many sheep and so much bleating it made me think this must be all the sheep in the world, gathered up. The scenery was beautiful -- really Big Sky country; the lifestyle looked pretty rough. It oughta be rated R for salty language. The sheep got called some unrepeatable names. :ohmy:

Last night I watched another good Netflix doc, titled "Sweetgrass." This was Montana sheepherders bringing their flocks down from the Absaroka/Beartooth Range of mountains. These folks were the genuine article -- and their lambs were not white as snow. In some of the scenes there were so many sheep and so much bleating it made me think this must be all the sheep in the world, gathered up. The scenery was beautiful -- really Big Sky country; the lifestyle looked pretty rough. It oughta be rated R for salty language. The sheep got called some unrepeatable names. :ohmy:

I get lost in the scenery of movies like that. At the end of this month when I shut off my land line, I am seriously thinking of applying to Netflix. I have never been much of a movie person. But of late, there are so many movies I want to see. Unless there are some shows on TV that really hold my interest, Netflix looks like it will become part of my life. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom