What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not into movies much. I would rather read a book. The only movies I watch are usually made-for-tv movies like on Lifetime. I like to watch shows like Real Stories of the ER, or those re-inacted murder mysteries.

I felt the same way until my son got me Netflix as a gift for Christmas a few years ago. I thought what in the world am I going to watch. Well, I have enjoyed very much all of the movies and everything else they have to offer. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Just finished Ender's Game, been a while since I read the book so details are fuzzy, but the movie was very good on it's own.

"City Island" with Andy Garcia and Julianna Margulies. Started slow and built into a very good movie. I had never heard of City Island (part of the Bronx). Julianna's role was to have a big, smart mouth -- her makeover for TV in "The Good Wife" to smooth and classy was impressive.

...Is it just me, or have animated movies gone downhill?...

I think we liked them more then because we were kids Dawg...

... But the quality was so good. Some time ago, I rewatched Snow White, and was amazed by the animation and story...
I've got two different takes on this. One, I think CGI has taken some of the romance out of the actual images. There is just something special about all those hand-drawn cels. Second, although Bambi and Dumbo had sad story lines, they weren't out to teach a lesson. I feel that so many animation movies are there just to teach a lesson, not for the pure enjoyment (or sadness) of the story line. Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

I'm undecided as to whether all animated movies have gone downhill or not. That may be because I don't watch that many and only watch the ones that have gotten good reviews from adults. (Nemo is one example)

But I just watched How to Tame Your Dragon last night and found it utterly delightful.

I do know that I avoid anime religiously! (Ducking from all the anime fans) ;)

I'm undecided as to whether all animated movies have gone downhill or not. That may be because I don't watch that many and only watch the ones that have gotten good reviews from adults. (Nemo is one example)

But I just watched How to Tame Your Dragon last night and found it utterly delightful.

I do know that I avoid anime religiously! (Ducking from all the anime fans) ;)

I enjoy the anime stories, the art is secondary for me. I got involved with anime and manga so that one adult was aware of what one of the Grandson's was reading and watching, now I'm hooked on story lines.:rolleyes:

I started watching the second season of House of Cards on Netflix.

How are you liking it? I watched the first (with Kevin Spacey). I guess if I still didn't have lingering memories of the first House of Cards (Ian Richardson) then I might have liked it better.

Absolutely nothing can replace that first series! IMO. :neutral:

Oh cave, How to Train Your Dragon is a fan favorite around our house. We think Toothless looks a lot like our cat. Acts like him too!

Kids at work watched Smurfs 2 last night. They're all mid adolescent so that should tell you where they are at developmentally. Yeesh. I made popcorn and hid in the dining room playing Temple run.

I watched A Few Good Men again last night.
Maybe I never left it on through the credits before, but the music that plays during the credits is the same marching music that started the movie Taps, in which Cruise also played.
Coincidence? I think not.

Sometimes I think the credits are Himself's favorite part of a movie! Whenever we would go to the theater the workers would have to clean around us after nearly everyone else was gone. :rolleyes:

When I'm at the library I always "graze" the movie choices. Glenn prefers nonfiction flicks and I came across one that was "based on a true story," The Craigslist Killer, so I checked it out.

Well...we watched it tonight. Whoa! Philip Markoff was one weird dude and neither of us could figure out what was his motivation. The events didn't happen too many years ago and we wondered why it didn't spark some memory because of all the probable media coverage.

Good film but a bit rough if you have a tender heart.

...The events didn't happen too many years ago and we wondered why it didn't spark some memory because of all the probable media coverage...
Don't worry Katie, the Boston and Providence media made sure they covered it more than enough just in case it wasn't covered to death anywhere else in the country. The old adage "if it bleeds, it leads" sure played out in this one. And yes, he was a strange bird from all reports. Seems we have more than our fair share of strange birds up here. Neil Entwistle, Craig Rockefeller... Right now we're on Aaron Hernandez overload after just finishing up with the James Bulger saga.

another great one has passed away today, harold ramis. celebrating him, i'm streaming 'ghost busters'. it is even better than i remembered. can you believe it has been 30 years since this movie first came out?!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom