What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it's $10.25 general admission, and $8 for matinee, seniors, children, and military. I much prefer the weekday matinee.

We saw Martian. I really do not understand why it is in first place in box office. And I generally love Science fiction. It was not bad, not at all, but definitely not worthy of first place in box office.

That annoys me, but I can get past it. Every time it was said I thought of Gordon Ramsey and adolescent ridiculous language and behavior. :rolleyes:

I haven't seen Burnt yet, but I can attest to the fact that a lot of what you see with Gordon Ramsey, specially on Hell's Kitchen, is pretty much what goes on in a normal restaurant kitchen. In our culinary school restaurant there was a lot of swearing, tossing others "under the bus" and the chef/instructors were Ramsey-like drones!

Such happy memories! :LOL:

Kay was back over last night and so the three of us watched the Princess Diaries II (not as good as the original but still cute) and Saved, with Mandy Moore.

I think TB and I are going to try and see a matinee this week before he goes to work. If not, we will see it on the weekend. We have a deal, he will come with me to see Burnt if I go see the Martian with him! :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
My best friend of 60+ years and I went to see Burnt this afternoon. It did not disappoint. Great film and, after a little while as I understood the stress level of the environment, I didn't even "hear" the F bombs any more as we became wrapped up in the "story."

Loved it and we were particularly captivated by little Lily. What an adorable little girl.

Wanna see it again!

creative, "Chef" was worth every penny I spent - the gas it cost me to drive the 2 miles to pick up the disc from my library. The movie came out last year (2014) in April, so it's no longer in theaters around here. We're always more than happy when a movie goes to disc and is old enough to be in the library system anyway. We like to stop the movie to wander into the kitchen to fill up a glass or cup with beverage, or in my case take a quick trip to the loo. Theaters are so unwilling to stop a movie just so I can take a quick run there. :LOL:

The movie was enjoyable as long as you ignore the Frequent Flying "F". It was funny, touching, and all-around good, in our opinions.

Saw "Martian" I was surprised how good it was. Space mission sent to Mars. 1 left behind, presumed dead. He was not. Lived on Mars being self sufficient.

Since it came on TV, was a comedy with a very good star rating I watched "The Hangover". Hmmm...disappointing. I think it would appeal (predictably) more to men. I am clearly not it's target audience!

The situations got more preposterous rather than funny...I lasted about an hour then switched off before I lost the will to live! :rolleyes:

Just watched Chef (online). Quite good - in particular I enjoyed the food preparation/cooking scenes... Forget about smell-o-vision, wish there was taste-o-vision! ;)

I am sure a lot of chefs would relish the rant with the food critic.

I was not that interested in the relationship with his son...maybe the acting could have been better?

I liked how the film ended.

...I was not that interested in the relationship with his son...maybe the acting could have been better?...
Really. Perhaps it's because you don't have children of your own. I thought it was funny and sad, very touching. Some parts made us laugh, a few made me sniffle a bit.

When our kids were high school seniors, our son decided to attend college in Arizona - about 2,000 miles from home. The two of us flew out for a campus visit; to get the best ticket price for the flight we ended up staying a week. We spent the extra time exploring and experiencing a different part of our country, along with a day-trip to a small Mexico village. It was just a week, but it (along with multi-day events with my daughter) is one of my favorite memories of time spent with our son.

Really. Perhaps it's because you don't have children of your own. I thought it was funny and sad, very touching. Some parts made us laugh, a few made me sniffle a bit.

I don't know that that's necessary. I really enjoyed the movie, including the relationship between the two of them. It made me think about my brother and my dad when my parents got divorced. I wish they had had something similar to bring them closer together.

Empathy and the ability to imagine another's circumstances go a long way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom