What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Mad Max won a few awards the other night I wanted to see if it was any better than the Road Warrior movies from the early 80's. So I watched it last night and fell asleep after all the action scenes ended.... Not my kind of movie although I liked the original Road Warrior movie I saw back some 30+ yrs ago....

Since Mad Max won a few awards the other night I wanted to see if it was any better than the Road Warrior movies from the early 80's. So I watched it last night and fell asleep after all the action scenes ended.... Not my kind of movie although I liked the original Road Warrior movie I saw back some 30+ yrs ago....

Yeah I agree. It wasn't that good. I think it's a testament to the low quality of modern films compared to older films that Mad Max Fury Road could receive so many nominations and win so many. The original Mad Max and Road Warrior were both better. Heck, even Beyond Thunderdome was better.

I watched Cooked last night. It's a Netflix Original documentary series (5 episodes) and was really interesting. It's about the fundamental science behind a lot of modern foods like cheeses, breads, etc..

Maybe not a movie, perhaps a documentary but it was fantastic.

It was called A Man Named Pearl and is the story of Pearl Freyar a black gentleman who lives in Bishop, SC and chronicles his creative efforts at beautifying his yard through topiary designs.

Doesn't sound like much, but the story is amazing. We got it through Netflix.

Sounds good; I will watch it this weekend. Thanks!

Maybe not a movie, perhaps a documentary but it was fantastic.

It was called A Man Named Pearl and is the story of Pearl Freyar a black gentleman who lives in Bishop, SC and chronicles his creative efforts at beautifying his yard through topiary designs.

Doesn't sound like much, but the story is amazing. We got it through Netflix.

I would have like to have seen it, but it wasn't available to me at Netflix.

I watched Cooked early in the week and ready to watch it again.

The other night watched Bridge of Spies on Netflix and recommend it.

The Lady In The Van (free online - can provide the link on request)

Mostly based on real life. Very interesting - both from Alan Bennett's standpoint (who wrote the screenplay and is in it) and about the eccentric woman whose life unfolds in an intriguing way.

Last edited:
The Lady In The Van (free online - can provide the link on request)

Mostly based on real life. Very interesting - both from Alan Bennett's standpoint (who wrote the screenplay and is in it) and about the eccentric woman whose life unfolds in an intriguing way.

Would love to have the link. It's a movie I've been wanting to see.

I watched the Meru Documentary.

It was 2016 top 15 finalist for best documentary Oscar.

It is about three elite climbers and their quest to climb to the top of Meru Mountain in India. A solid piece with a lot of backstory on each of the three climbers.

http://www.merufilm.com/

I ordered up the first season of HofC from the library last week. Still waiting. Might still be waiting for it by the time the current season is over. Oh, wait, for some people it IS already over!

We have a window of "freebies" from our dish provider so we've been recording our heads off.

Last night we watched one of the movies we'd recorded, Last Vegas. Omigosh! So funny. We laughed, mostly out loud and when I wasn't laughing I was snickering like a little kid. Fun and sweet at the same time.

Good cast: Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline, Robert De Niro, Mary Steenburgen. If you want a giggle or two, this might do it for you.

The last movie I watched was The Minnions II with Pirate. He loves them and makes it a point to see both of the movies whenever he can. He got the film this time from the Library. Spike is on the list for Martian. The Library has about five copies of it and they are all out right now. So he is 247 on the list. He started at 550 when he first put in the request. We get a lot of movies from there. Unfortunately, even though they always have about four or five copies, there is still a waiting list for really popular movies. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom