What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pirate ordered some Pet Cartoon movie. There are four movies on it. He watched it last night. I kind of was listening. I am not fond of child movies. I have outgrown cartoons. He never will.

Pirate ordered some Pet Cartoon movie. There are four movies on it. He watched it last night. I kind of was listening. I am not fond of child movies. I have outgrown cartoons. He never will.

Was it The Secret Lives of Pets? I want to see that.

The last movie I watched was a few nights ago. I watched the newest version of Magnificent 7. It has been decades since I saw the previous version, so I can't really compare them. I watched Seven Samurai back in College, which inspried the Magnicant 7, but don't remember much of it, either.

I have Sully rented on iTunes. I'll watch it soon.

CD

Last edited:
Was it The Secret Lives of Pets? I want to see that.

The last movie I watched was a few nights ago. I watched the newest version of Magnificent 7. It has been decades since I saw the previous version, so I can't really compare them. I watched Seven Samurai back in College, which inspried the Magnicant 7, but don't remember much of it, either.

I have Sully rented on iTunes. I'll watch it soon.

CD

It is The Secret Lives Of Pets. I get all the movies we watch at home from my Public Library, free.

I will watch The Magnificent Seven any time it is on. It is so well done. But I refuse to watch The Magnificent Seven Returns. You can't improve on a masterpiece.

It is The Secret Lives Of Pets. I get all the movies we watch at home from my Public Library, free.

I will watch The Magnificent Seven any time it is on. It is so well done. But I refuse to watch The Magnificent Seven Returns. You can't improve on a masterpiece.

Return of the Seven was a 1960s sequel. I had to look it up -- I'd never heard of it.

The one I watched the other night is a new movie. Lot's of violence, as you would expect today. Well acted and produced -- just violent.

I watched Sully tonight. It was very good. Being who I am, I'll have to research to see how accurate it was. A blessing and a curse of mine.

CD

Return of the Seven was a 1960s sequel. I had to look it up -- I'd never heard of it.

The one I watched the other night is a new movie. Lot's of violence, as you would expect today. Well acted and produced -- just violent.

I watched Sully tonight. It was very good. Being who I am, I'll have to research to see how accurate it was. A blessing and a curse of mine.

CD

What upset the powers that be is that they would have to settle all those suits plus the loss of a very expensive plane. Although I think the plane was well insured. They needed someone to blame.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend The Finest Hours. It's the true story of the rescue of men from a tanker ship broken in half. The rescue was done by the U.S. Coast Guard and was phenomenal in that the whole operation took place during an awful storm off the coast of New England in 1952. Unbelievable and compelling story.

Be warned, you'll need tissues...a lot of them.

Strange. I thought I posted that I watched "Bridges of spies" Excellent. It was quite interesting for me to watch. Because there was a Russian/Soviet movie made back in 70's about the very same incident. Quite a difference I'll tell you. I have to go back and watch it now again to remember details.

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend The Finest Hours. It's the true story of the rescue of men from a tanker ship broken in half. The rescue was done by the U.S. Coast Guard and was phenomenal in that the whole operation took place during an awful storm off the coast of New England in 1952. Unbelievable and compelling story.

Be warned, you'll need tissues...a lot of them.

I sure second your thoughts Katie..........that is a great movie!!

.Woman in Gold...on Netflix streaming, a true, recent story about a woman where her family possessions were stolen by the Nazis at the beginning of WWII. Very good movie.

Outstanding movie RF!!!

Woman in Gold....on Netflix streaming, a true, recent story about a woman where her family possessions were stolen by the Nazis at the beginning of WWII. Very good movie.
Himself and I both enjoyed that one a lot. It's hard to not like a movie with Helen Mirren in it - she is a great actress.

For the fans of low key really good foreign films, The Measure of a Man was really good. We watched it last night. It's about a French man struggling to find a job and to raise his disabled son. It's on Netflix Instant. It stars Vincent Lindon who is also great in Diary of a Chambermaid (also on Netflix Instant).

Both films lack the CGI special effects and explosions of the typical Hollywood film -- which is a benefit in my book. :)

I just watched 'Journey To Greenland' on Netflix streaming at work (it's been a very slow day at work). Nice, low key French film about 2 young guys visiting a tiny village in Greenland to see one of their dads who've settled there. I enjoyed it very much.

For fans of vintage made-for-TV movies, I just purchased and watched "The Amazing Howard Hughes" 1975 mini-series on DVD (edited/shortened). Tommy Lee Jones is cocky assured playing Howard Hughes. In my opinion, Jones captured the role of Hughes better than Leonardo DiCaprio did in 2004's "The Aviator."

Last edited:
I watched the second Jack Reacher movie on Friday. Good entertainment, lots of gratuitous violence, not much else. Hey, sometimes that's enough. A few hours of escape from reality.

CD

Watched Russian movie on Youtube. The Russian version of the same events as portrayed in Bridges of Spices. Quite a difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom