What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched Patriots Day. Based on the Boston Marathon bombing. Probably embellished somewhat, but not over the top, by any means. They stayed pretty close to the real story, as far as what I know about the real story. They even showed some authentic footage.

I'll give it a thumbs up.

Convicted Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev got the death penalty, but I opposed that, and hope it never happens, because he is now at the supermax prison in Florence, Colorado. I watched a documentary about that facility, and I would rather be put to death than live out my life there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM854gQJi7s&list=PLnj2dwPjAWZ-7WR2wtJUlHNo9NC2vYRDl

CD

Last edited:
The Godfather Parts I and II. Part III was on also. But I had my full of the Godfather for one night.

I have never seen any of the Godfather movies or even read the book.

I've been watching Marco Polo on Netflix. While it may be historically inaccurate, I love the series.

After long weekends at work with no sleep, I find I make a lot of the same sounds as the great khan.

I want to see that one, Nocturnal Animals. We usually wait pretty long before we see a movie or buy one. If it is a fantastic movie, we'll buy it. I might find 5 movies I buy in a year, DH buys lots more movies. Last time we checked our spreadsheet of dvd's we had about 600. Kind of ridiculous I'm sure.

I actually stumble on that one for free. Found Russian site that teaches people English thru watching mvi. 3 days free trial. They had all kind of free new movies, that I have not seen yet. Took advantage of it.

Saw, well half saw, Moonlight. Could not go pass half of the movie. Can somebody explain to me what that movie was about and why in the world it won Oscar?

Just watched The Great Wall. I wasted two hours watching this pos.
Nocturnal Animals was pretty good, saw that one twice I think...

So, what was your version of the ending. On one hand it was pretty obvious, on the other they left it to us to decide, I think, maybe, right? :ohmy:

Saw, well half saw, Moonlight. Could not go pass half of the movie. Can somebody explain to me what that movie was about and why in the world it won Oscar?

Exactly. Immediately following the Oscars we were so curious about this movie we decided to watch a screening copy of this movie. We turned it off about a third of the way in. We didn't get it either....

I downloaded a Netflix movie on my phone and watched it while I camped in the woods last night. BACKCOUNTRY, based on a true story, was about this couple in Canada that gets mauled by a grizzly while backpacking. I didn't realize it was based on true events and what happened with the boyfriend.
I'm just glad the hike-in campground was pretty full last night.

roadfix, I bet you'll read the movie summaries before you decide on what to take hiking next time!

I got an oldie-but-goodie from the library last weekend. Since an award show wiped out our regular Sunday night shows, we watched "Midnight Run" with very young Robert DeNiro and Charles Grodin and had a good laugh. A very odd buddy movie!

roadfix, I bet you'll read the movie summaries before you decide on what to take hiking next time!

Well, I did...
"A weekend hike for urbanites Alex & Jenn takes a dangerous turn when they become lost deep in the remote territory of a menacing bear."

I just didn't expect it to be a worst case scenario for them, and top of that, a true story....

Last edited:
I downloaded a Netflix movie on my phone and watched it while I camped in the woods last night. BACKCOUNTRY, based on a true story, was about this couple in Canada that gets mauled by a grizzly while backpacking. I didn't realize it was based on true events and what happened with the boyfriend.
I'm just glad the hike-in campground was pretty full last night.

I checked out the trailer RF. Thankfully you won't find a Grizzly in these here parts. Just the same that looks like one scary movie, even at home. :w00t2:

We finally watched "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". I absolutely loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Eddie Redmayne is fast becoming one of my favourite actors.

We watched "Midnight in Paris" with Owen Wilson last night. It was entertaining, diverting for an evening.

I am not a big fan of Woody Allen but I really enjoyed this film. Great music, excellent acting and beautiful shots of Paris and I enjoyed the story line.

Mom's in the mood for some vampy goodness, so I think we're going to watch the Twilight series again. Won't finish it all in one day (or even one week), because we have other stuff recorded to watch first.

The next documentary I saw was Sacred Cod. A 2016 look at Cod Fishing in Massachusetts. Over fishing and warmer water have dwindled the Cod population says the people that look at population numbers. Restrictions on how much Cod you can collect have dwindled boats on the water by over 80% in 30 years says the documentary.

Fisherman are at odds with the data collectors over how Cod actually exists. Some of the fisherman have moved on to even collect Dog Fish which seem to be in super high numbers.

The documentary did state that New Foundland halted Cod Fishing in 1992 and that caused 10,000 people to lose jobs, but only now have Cod populations big enough to even start to do Cod Fishing.

To see the trailer go here:

Trailer — Sacred Cod

The Discovery channel aired this documentary this week and may do more airings of this show.

Massachusetts fishing industry is not longer a viable industry here. First it was the Haddock and now the Cod. It was the Cod that got the Pilgrims their first harvest. The natives taught them to use the fish heads and innards as fertilizer.

When my second husband fished out of Boston, the boats were tied up three or four deep at the docks. If your boat was on the outside you had to climb over three other boats to get to yours. Not anymore. And Gloucester is in even worse condition.

We have a huge wooden Cod hanging in our House of Representatives. The symbol of our State.

Salt Cod was always a July 4th dish in New England. Not anymore. And I always had a box of salted Cod in the house. Now it all comes from Iceland. We used to get it from Nova Scotia or P.E.I. Or even Gloucester.

So Cod and Haddock are no longer on any menu in this house. Just too expensive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom