What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always watch the Awards, but DVR it for later so I can skip through the commercials. :)

Aside from the actual awards, it's fun seeing the gowns...some beautiful and flattering....some not so much. I love ya, Maya Rudolph, but.....:ohmy::ermm:

Attachments

• Maya-Rudolph-2019-Oscars.jpg
    Maya-Rudolph-2019-Oscars.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga killed it with this flawless performance of "Shallow" from "A Star is Born" - not to mention the sizzling chemistry between the two. :ohmy: Glad to see it won best song.

In case anyone didn't see it....OMGosh....brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you, Cheryl... :)

I had only seen a 30 second clip on the morning news before you posted this..

I had ignored Lady Gaga until she paired with Tony Bennett.. I think she is pretty wonderful now..

Ross

Oh I so agree with you on both counts Cheryl. That dress was horrible, and the singing duo with the two of them was sizzling. How about that 30 million dollar yellow rock?

I saw The Wife today. It was a very compelling story and I so wish that Glenn Close had finally won for that performance. She is a treasure.

Thank you, Cheryl... :)

I had only seen a 30 second clip on the morning news before you posted this..

I had ignored Lady Gaga until she paired with Tony Bennett.. I think she is pretty wonderful now..

Ross

Same here, Ross. I didn't pay much attention to her until the past few years. My 42 yr. old daughter has a CD of Lady Gaga with Tony Bennett - it's great, and we put it on during road trips. No matter how she presents herself or reinvents herself, that girl can freakin' sing. :ohmy::) (IMO)

Oh I so agree with you on both counts Cheryl. That dress was horrible, and the singing duo with the two of them was sizzling. How about that 30 million dollar yellow rock?

I saw The Wife today. It was a very compelling story and I so wish that Glenn Close had finally won for that performance. She is a treasure.

I must have missed 'the rock'. :ohmy: I also want to see "The Wife". Glenn Close has always been one of my faves.

I must have missed 'the rock'. :ohmy: I also want to see "The Wife". Glenn Close has always been one of my faves.
Two thumbs up for Glenn Close! It’s my opinion that she is one of the finest actors in America!

I have to admit, one of my favorite roles of hers was Cruella de Vil! “Babies? I have no use for babies!”

Cheryl J;1585698[B said:
]I must have missed 'the rock'. [/B]:ohmy: I also want to see "The Wife". Glenn Close has always been one of my faves.

You and I were both swept away in the moment Cheryl. I sure had my eye on the "rock" though..

For the big night, the singer and actress wore a show-stopping necklace with a 128-carat yellow diamond that is reportedly worth over $30 million. The so-called Tiffany Diamond was unearthed in 1877. The jeweler Tiffany & Co., which owns it, says the last time it was worn was in 1961, when Audrey Hepburn donned the lavish jewels for a "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Tiffany & Co. called the spectacular gem "one of the largest and finest Fancy Yellow diamonds in the world."

You and I were both swept away in the moment Cheryl. I sure had my eye on the "rock" though..

"Quote:
For the big night, the singer and actress wore a show-stopping necklace with a 128-carat yellow diamond that is reportedly worth over $30 million. The so-called Tiffany Diamond was unearthed in 1877. The jeweler Tiffany & Co., which owns it, says the last time it was worn was in 1961, when Audrey Hepburn donned the lavish jewels for a "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

Tiffany & Co. called the spectacular gem "one of the largest and finest Fancy Yellow diamonds in the world."
----------------------
Now I'm going to have go back and hit replay to see it. :ohmy::LOL:

How could Glenn Close not have won for "Fatal Attraction" back in the day??

If you want to get a huge dose of her remarkable talents, look into her multi season TV "Damages"online. It's by far the best TV series I've ever seen.

Just to let everyone know... This Sunday at 9pm on the National Geographic channel they are going to air COMMERCIAL FREE folks the 2019 Oscar Winning documentary long form Free Solo.

I watched Papillion (2018 movie) on AmazonPrime last night. Meh... didn't care for this new version of the movie, I really liked the 1973 version with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman much better.

I watched Papillion (2018 movie) on AmazonPrime last night. Meh... didn't care for this new version of the movie, I really liked the 1973 version with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman much better.
I saw the thumbnail and was hoping it was the original. Bummer. Can't remake a classic like that.

We watched "Life Animated" Wednesday night. A truly uplifting movie. It gave me an even greater sense of appreciation and awe for parents who are able to deal so gently and bravely when they have a child who has special challenges. I know I would not have had the patience had we been in a similar situation. Parents like those Owen has are truly angels.

Last night, we enjoyed a 2009 movie, on Netflix, we had not heard about...

Get Low.. Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek and Bill Murray..

"When much-feared hermit Felix Bush (Robert Duvall) comes to town with a wad of cash and announces his intention to preside over his own funeral, fast-talking mortician Frank Quinn (Bill Murray) smells a big payday in the air. Frank sends his young apprentice, Buddy, to charm Felix and win Felix's business. As the day of the unusual event approaches, Buddy uncovers a long-held secret involving the hermit, a local widow (Sissy Spacek) and an Illinois preacher."

I am a fan of Robert Duvall and how I missed knowing about this, I have no idea..

Ross

What a cast!! It was sooooo worth seeing and we both loved it! What a treasure of a sleeper. Thanks Ross!!

It was great fun, Kayelle.. :)

Yesterday we watched Agatha and The Truth of Murder (2018) on Netflix..

In 1926, with her writing in crisis and her personal life in tatters, a young Agatha Christie decides to solve a real-life murder. When the god-daughter and namesake of Florence Nightingale is found murdered on a train with horrific head injuries, the victim's partner of 26 years appeals to Agatha to help solve the case.

Perhaps not an "A" movie but, we enjoyed it very much..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom