What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not a movie at all.

The Church on Ruby Road, the latest Christmas special of Doctor Who, and the first episode to feature Ncuti Gatwa, the 15th doctor. It's joyful; I strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a pleasant hour of television.

Not a movie at all.

The Church on Ruby Road, the latest Christmas special of Doctor Who, and the first episode to feature Ncuti Gatwa, the 15th doctor. It's joyful; I strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a pleasant hour of television.
I like the new episodes. Glad Russell is back.

While on the plane the selection was pretty lousy as far as I am concerned. So I end up watching cartoon. I thought it’s cartoon, how bad can it be. It actually turned out to be pretty good. Family oriented and with a positive message.
Coco.
Recommend

I hope someone can help me.

The One I Love on HULU.

Two things: How is this classified as a comedy
Can anyone explain to me WTF happened in the movie. I saw it, I just don't get it.

An inspiring true story about a Mexican migrant farm worker, Jose Hernandez, who became an astronaut. A million Miles Away, on Prime video.
This was an excellent movie.

We are visiting our niece for Christmas and since they have Apple TV we got to watch The Family Plan.

The Flash (2023). It was okay. I only watched it because it was on Amazon Prime Video, and I already have that. I would not have chosen to watch it if I had to pay for it, and it appears I am not alone in this regard: reportedly, after hefty production costs and a $150 million promotion budget, it lost about $200 million, making it the biggest loser in the history of superhero movies. Kind of a pity; the woman who plays Supergirl is quite fetching.

I'd be willing to bet this won't stop the geniuses in Hollywood from continuing to make superhero movies.

The Maltese Falcon (1941). Of course I've seen it before. Watching this movie again was a bit like making one of my mother's old recipes; savoring a flavor from childhood. If you've never taken the time, this film - the birth of film noir, and the directing debut of John Huston - is a priceless gem. I watched it on Tubi for free.

The Maltese Falcon (1941). Of course I've seen it before. Watching this movie again was a bit like making one of my mother's old recipes; savoring a flavor from childhood. If you've never taken the time, this film - the birth of film noir, and the directing debut of John Huston - is a priceless gem. I watched it on Tubi for free.
On my list of all time great movies. Bogart and Lorre, what a combination. Liked them in Casablanca as well, which is also on my list.

Last edited:
We watched The Sound of Freedom on Prime. Based on a true story of a U.S. government agent who is on a mission to rescue children from sex traffickers in Colombia. The story is well done, even if the subject is such a horrible one. It is, however, a subject that every adult needs to have awareness. Children and young people disappear everywhere, not just in South America! I know of a friend's sister, missing from Canada, for more than 15 years. The family still wonders if she was such a victim.

Anyway, the movie is worth watching. Worth rooting for the good guys.

The next documentary movie I have taken a look at is Bobi Wine: The People's President. This one is on the Oscar short list for documentary of the year.

The documentary is about Ugandan musician Bobi Wine that goes into politics and his first attempt to become Ugandan president. I could certainly see why this could win the Oscar this year as it already won some awards already. It is shot over multiple years though the 2021 election. You really want to pull for Bobi and his attempt to win the election over Museveni that has been in power for over 20+ years but the Ugandan military and police just keep on getting in the way. This documentary does not get away from the violence that winds up getting caused by the cops and military. It really brings you in to the messy situation the Ugandan country has.

I will say when you do get to hear Bobi sing he is not that bad at all. He uses his music to get the message out to the people of his nation and I say it works.

The whole documentary can be viewed online for free at youtube that is almost 2 hours long and is PG-13 rated:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom