What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my 26 year old son who is 6ft1 and going to be a Houston cop found that movie scary, too, buckytom-----said it gave him the willies----I think that I'll pass on it---there's still movies that upset me

The first time I saw that movie I was disappointed but after that I fell in love with it. Gary Oldman was a genius in this movie with his great accent I loved his incredible blue eyes in the end, it also was a quite sensual/love story movie.

I honestly haven't seen Gary Oldman give a bad performance. He is one of my favourites.

Alas, no movies this weekend, but I think my "daughter" is coming over tonight for "27 Dresses". We haven't had a good girl's movie night in months.

27 Dresses was so cute!

Last night we went to the theatre to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was really really funny! Couple times I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe!

Next, Iron Man....can't wait to see it!

Finally saw the Kite Runner, have been wanting to see this for a long time. It had its flaws, and I couldn't emphasize with the main character completely (both for his personality and for the lack of charisma of the actor who played the role), the supporting roles were excellent, his father, Shaun Toub who played the sympathetic family friend, and especially the boy who played Hassan, the best childhood friend of the main character. And the scene of Afghanistan before the tragic destruction was beautiful.
It was too rushed at the ending, bringing his troubled nephew out of the country and adopt should have involved so many complications, which was completely skipped.
It made me want to read the book certainly though.

Saw Iron Man this weekend and LOVED IT!!! Robert Downy Jr. is so hot! It was worth all the hype....next weekend Chronicles of Narnia, I can't wait!

Iron Man was awesome!!! Just got home from seeing it and I can't wait till it comes out on dvd so I can watch it again! The role was made for Robert D. Jr. The boy read that Jon Favreau was persistent with the studios that he wanted only him for the role.

We bought the DVD of I am Legend a while back and finally saw it. We really liked it. We saw both endings. I would have liked an ending that combined the two endings.

:)Barbara

"i remember mama".

a classic that every single person of norwegian descent should see.

also, it reminded me to call my mom. :)

Watched "P.S. I Love You" that my wife got for mothers day tonight.

Good movie! Even I had a few tears.

Cloverfield and AVPR.

Cloverfield was interesting and I liked the 'documentary' style to it. I was expecting a twist at the end, that maybe when the recording ended you see some scientists and military types sitting in a room (they were watching it), and they begin to comment on it and the current situation (whatever that might be). But, instead they just ended it without further adieu, which was kinda cool too.

AVPR, as much as I like both series, was rather predictable and it seemed to me it was trying to get most of its 'shock' and 'horror' value by picking on kids, infants, and pregnant women in the hospital. It would have been better if it was done more like Aliens was done (2nd Alien Movie), as a kind of shoot em up action thriller. IE small town Vs. Aliens and Predator, concentrate on the battles and kickin butt.

Ah well, better luck with the next set of movies.

When James put that on a few months ago, I was determined not to watch it. I thought it looked stupid. I was very surprised that I loved it!

:)Barbara

I knew I would probably like it. I liked it enough to shed a tear when Bumblebee did not look like he was going to make it. How pathetic is that??? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom