What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Walk Hard: The Dewy Cox Story - Man, talk about a strange movie, but strangely entertaining!

"Defiance" with Daniel Craig (yum yum) and Liev Schrieber as the Bielski brothers. True story about the Jews who hid in the forests of Belorussia and fought the Nazis.

my daughter had to impersonate someone for an English paper and I suggested the Dutch woman who wrote of her experiences (I'm sorry her name escapes me but I will let you know and she wrote a book about it) .....my daughter has never listened to anyone but this struck her chord and for once in her life she did........it was the best performance of her life.........she dressed all in black and wore a huge gold cross that I owned and showed the house where the protagonist hid the Jewish people and then how she and her sister were held in the camps themselves for harboring them and led to the death of her father and sister.....my daughter said that the room was silent and the teacher was in tears.........it had a huge impact........I had no idea that such an idea would have such repercussions.............then .............

Please go on.............I saw "Who Murdered My Mother".......what's the problem???
are you women producing this movie mental............I know...............but seriously and we're supposed to belivee this woman is your mother ..............I don't think so and she lives in a mansion............I don't think so.........get outta of here............let's get real .........

my daughter had to impersonate someone for an English paper and I suggested the Dutch woman who wrote of her experiences (I'm sorry her name escapes me but I will let you know and she wrote a book about it) .....my daughter has never listened to anyone but this struck her chord and for once in her life she did........it was the best performance of her life.........she dressed all in black and wore a huge gold cross that I owned and showed the house where the protagonist hid the Jewish people and then how she and her sister were held in the camps themselves for harboring them and led to the death of her father and sister.....my daughter said that the room was silent and the teacher was in tears.........it had a huge impact........I had no idea that such an idea would have such repercussions.............then .............

I believe the woman's name was Corrie ten Boom Deb. Her story is amazing and a great testament of faith.

I believe the woman's name was Corrie ten Boom Deb. Her story is amazing and a great testament of faith.
The book "The Hiding Place" was written by Corrie ten Boom, and there was a movie starring Julie Harris based on the book. Debs, is there going to be a new movie about it?

:)Barbara

it was Corrie ten Boom......thanks y'al.........and that's who my daughter portrayed..it sure did affect her...same thing in another high school project.......she had to do something with ..............it's funny she won't listen to me on anything else but then.....she gives the best performances of her life..............oh, well, we Moms are always there aren't we?

I tried to watch The Wackness yesterday and I had to pull the plug on it about an hour in. None of the characters were likeable. My first clue that this movie was gonna suck was when one of the Olsen twins showed up in the movie. She played a flower child/pot head (probably not much of a stretch). Ben Kingsley must have really needed a paycheck because even his character was shallow and too stupid to be believed. And I usually love him.

Toots would give this movie a 3.5 - not great.

Bucket List was really good..........what's this with the Slumdog Millionaire? What's a quick one line synopsis?

Bucket List was good! Slumdog Millionaire is about the game show Who wants to be a millinaire India version. The contestant is a low caste and ends up winning the top prize.

We watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with sing-a-long captions. It was quite funny to see 2 50-year olds and a 20-something sitting around the tv singing! We also had fun looking for Bond characters since the story is by Ian Fleming and Cubby Broccoli produced. Mr. Coggins the junkman is played by "Q" and Baron Bomburst is played by "Goldfinger"

Back
Top Bottom