What's To Eat? ~ 4/14/2024

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
We had linner (late lunch/early dinner) mainly because, WE WERE HUNGRY!!!
:D
IMG_6464.JPG

(file photo, but I make this dish the same way every time!)
Cold Ramen Salad, loaded with goodies!

What are y'all havin'?

Was beautiful today. So we had a picnic for dinner. Stopped at a rest area on Rt. 23. I made Italian heros (made on a loaf of bakery semolina seeded Italian bread). Also had fritos and a slice each of cinnamon danish (from Trader Joe's).

I roasted a chicken breast and had it with a baked potato, out of its jacket, and a salad of Boston lettuce, mustard greens, thinly sliced yellow onion, and some frozen corn kernels. I put some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and red wine vinegar on the salad and tossed it. It wasn't "juicy" enough, so I added a blob of mayo and tossed it again - much better. I took the potato out of its jacket because, I didn't want to accidentally eat some of the skin and make my arthritis kick up. It was nice to have what I consider a proper meal. It was pretty good. I only felt like eating about half of the chicken breast, so the rest will be for tomorrow, maybe in a sandwich. It's hard getting in the habit of only cooking for one.

roasted chicken breast, baked potato, and a salad.jpg

Quiche. I am at my sister's house in Houston, so had to use a frozen pie crust. That actually worked out quite well. My filling was eggs, heavy cream, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, and some diced ham. Very basic.

1713143585194.jpeg

CD

First time eating natto, I seasoned it with soy sauce and horseradish, mixed with veggie rice and collards. It was good. I made the natto (fermented) and it turned out good. Who would have thought I'd even try it, and now I'm making it part of our meals. Brownies and fruit for a snack.

What is in it? Please explain.

It’s a northern Indian chicken curry. I served it with coconut dal.
It’s delicious!

Cheeseburgers on sesame seed buns. I bought the burgers and grilled them myself, no salt or sauces added, just mixed salad and light cheese, so I suppose it's healthier than buying fast food burgers 😁. They were very delicious.

Back
Top Bottom