What's to eat for Wednesday? (1st May)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I went with another new recipe today. Cheesy Oven-baked Risotto. It was pretty tasty and good enough to get past Ollie's aversion to rice! Not sure there was any need for a bread side though as it was pretty filling on it's own and no need for extra carbs! (The Risotto also contained both cherry and sun-dried tomatoes, leeks, broccoli, asparagus and thyme - and the cheese was a le roule.)

Baked Cheese and Leek Risotto.jpg

Mid afternoon we had corn on the cob which we haven't had since the middle of last summer.
Dinner: stir fried (steamed glazed) vegetables: green, red, yellow bell peppers, broccoli, water chestnuts, onions. Over veggie brown basmati rice. Stir fry sauce w/grape. I added a concentrated grape puree to our regular stir fry sauce.

I'm planning on roasting some sausages in the toaster oven and having a largish salad to go with. We'll see if that works out. I don't remember what kind of sausage it is that I stuck in the fridge last night to defrost.
I'm off to bed right now, but I would love to know what sort of sausage Taxy! Please report back.

I'm planning on roasting some sausages in the toaster oven and having a largish salad to go with. We'll see if that works out. I don't remember what kind of sausage it is that I stuck in the fridge last night to defrost.
The sausage turned out to be white wine and shallot sausage. It's really good, with subtle, but not too subtle flavour. I finished off the dolmades. I made a salad of romaine lettuce, mizuna, upland cress, mustard greens, peas, cucumber, and red onion with some of my batch vinaigrette.

Whtie wine and shallot sausage, dolmas, and a salad.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom