What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So there is your Spring storm finally appearing. Hope it is your last one.
We have yet to get ours, so far it has only been rain. Checking the next week here and nothing of note. Maybe we'll be lucky.

It just hit me that 50 years ago Wednesday, on April 3, 1974, the small town I lived in was half wiped out by an F5 tornado. It was also a Wednesday.

1712236088786.png

CD

OMG, the sun was out this morning! Not very much, but I would have had to wear shades, if I stepped out there at all, it's been so long since I've seen it. It was in the high 30s, with wind chills around freezing, so I figured I'd wait until it's a bit warmer to go out and survey the damage from all the rain and wind. Of course, there is still more rain forecast, just not as much. And a little warmer, but still several degrees below average for this date.

It's currently 1°C and still snowing.

Pix from earlier today:

The view out my front door. That's some of the condo's common area and my neighbours' back fences.

Snow storm - view out the front door sm.jpg

This is my backyard and some of the condo's common area.

Snow storm - back yard sm.jpg

And a final picture, from my patio door:
Snow storm - from from back door sm.jpg

Final snowfall tallies:
Montreal (airport): 23 cm = 9"
Montreal (downtown): 31 cm = 12"

I live about 5km = approx 3 miles from the airport.

Warm and sunny today, temperatures around 27c

Almost exactly the same here in North Texas.

Where I live is at the same latitude as Morocco, so we are not very far apart North to South. I'm a bit further South.

CD

The big question is about the weather tomorrow. I live directly in the path of the eclipse, but storms are forecast for tomorrow evening. The question is whether the clouds will start rolling in during the eclipse time.

CD

It actually got nice out there today, once the wind died back, and it was right around average, finally, at 62°, and I got quite a bit done outside. Still too wet to do a lot of things, but at least it's getting to where I can walk around most places, w/o sinking.

Our water table is high now, more often in spring than in fall. There is water standing in ponds and low areas of the yard. It's starting to show in the ditches that line each yard. The neighbor is pumping water with the sump pump, and we're hoping the water table doesn't get any higher or ours will start pumping water out too.

The big question is about the weather tomorrow. I live directly in the path of the eclipse, but storms are forecast for tomorrow evening. The question is whether the clouds will start rolling in during the eclipse time.

CD

I hope those clouds stay away,so you can see the eclipse,should be spectacular!
We won't see it here but we can watch the event live online,on the Nasa or VTP site.

CLOUDY!!! Grrrrrr. It's just a few hours from eclipse time in Dallas. I hope these clouds burn off before then.

Big storms are expected this evening into tomorrow morning.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom