What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a nice day today - 50° while I was out there today, with sun finally, and almost no wind! I was just cleaning up branches, from that storm, and another storm forecast for late tomorrow. Earlier next week, it is getting colder, with one day only forecast to get to 29° for a high! Definitely well below average, for this date.

We have a temperature of 34--a cold front came in last night with high winds and a 20 degree drop in temperature. I don't like cold, but not as much as the cat doesn't like cold! We are in for a week of cold weather and then hopefully it will change and be more seasonable (50's).

Our snowman is snowed in!
anothersnow-001.jpg

anothersnow-002.jpg

We had more snow yesterday, so the snow on the picnic table seating was covered to the picnic table top. Today overnight we got another 8-9 inches. It's piled high everywhere. Then last night at 6:30 our electric went out. It was dark already so we lit candles and had flashlights. We read books w/flashlights (I need to buy some lanterns), and we played 5 games of cribbage. We slept. (I put on snow pants and an extra sweater under my housecoat because it was getting cold in the house.) The electric went back on at around 3:30 am, the house temperature was in the 50's. We're almost back to normal this morning and the winds won't be too bad this afternoon.

It was only 57° here around 8:50, when I left for Aldi's, and up to 59° sometime before this. It had rained about 3/4" overnight, and had stopped, by then, but shortly after I got home, it started again, and it rained at least another quarter of an inch. Now, the sky is bright blue, and very windy. That cold is heading this way, as they are forecasting some lows in the teens, and highs in the mid 20s - a little more than 10° below average, but nothing like out in the MW! We have simply been getting excessive rain, though I'm glad that wasn't coming down as snow!

Things are about to turn ugly in North Texas. The temperature will drop below freezing tonight, which it has been doing from time to time over the last two weeks. But, it will not rise back above freezing until sometime Wednesday afternoon, with a high on Tuesday of 24. (n)

I had a snow squall line go through about 12:45 pm, and the wind was blowing it horizontally! It only lasted 30 minutes, and there wasn't even a coating. The temperature had dropped to 31°, but is supposed to get up to 36° later, and that is about the warmest it will be all week.

Here's what the weather is doing where I live. Temperatures in Celsius.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 20-07-01 Montréal QC - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada.png

Overnight: Flurries at times heavy ending late this evening then mainly cloudy. Local blowing snow this evening. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60 diminishing to 20 late this evening. Low minus 8. Wind chill near minus 14.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom