Who Would You Invite, If You Could Invite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
:chef: Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gents,

If you invite six people, from all of history, dead or alive; to a Saturday night dinner, who would you invite ? What would you serve them ?

Firstly, my success is my Bouillabaise, often called, a Cassola al Frutti di Mare in Italian, which is a fresh shellfish, assorted white fish varieties, Evoo, tomato, garlic, white wine, fresh herbs, leek, shallot, shellfish stock served on a bed of tagliatelli ... with Champagne or a white sparkling wine, from the Prosecco, Di Valdobbiadene, Veneto the Controlled Designation of Origin, or appellation, called Cá Salina. Prosecco is an appellation, not a Brand for sparkling white wine ...

Now to the six people I would consider inviting and why:

1. Leonardo Di Vinci: Both the Vet and I are science & art buffs and thus, Leonardo´s brillance & invention capacity and being an intellectual genius are still amazing ...

Numbers 2 & 3: Marco Polo and Vasco Da Gama: To speak and listen to their accounts on their voyages and the inside story of epicurism at that time, in the aspect of their personal experiences throughout The Mediterranean, Asia, The East Indies, Africa, Brazil, the Americas ... What they encountered, discovered, tasted, and who they met ...

4. Eros Ramazzotti: for the background music ...

5. Galileo: One of the all time great astronomers and mathematicians of all time ... To tell us, what he had experienced in reference to the galaxies beyond, the planets, and the lunar and solar cycle, the ebb & the tide.

6. Andrew Lloyd Webber: My love of Broadway Theatre, lives on ... This is my favorite form of entertainment. Many thanks to Webber´s innovativeness for bringing it alive.

I look forward to reading whom you have invited guests ...

Have nice Wednesday.
CIAO,
Margaux Cintrano.

Last edited by a moderator:
:chef: Buon Giorno, Ladies & Gents,

If you invite six people, from all of history, dead or alive; to a Saturday night dinner, who would you invite ? What would you serve them ?

Firstly, my success is my Bouillabaise, often called, a Cassola al Frutti di Mare in Italian, which is a fresh shellfish, assorted white fish varieties, Evoo, tomato, garlic, white wine, fresh herbs, leek, shallot, shellfish stock served on a bed of tagliatelli ... with Champagne or a white sparkling wine, from the Prosecco, Di Valdobbiadene, Veneto the Controlled Designation of Origin, or appellation, called Cá Salina. Prosecco is an appellation, not a Brand for sparkling white wine ...

Now to the six people I would consider inviting and why:

1. Leonardo Di Vinci: Both the Vet and I are science & art buffs and thus, Leonardo´s brillance & invention capacity and being an intellectual genius are still amazing ...

Numbers 2 & 3: Marco Polo and Vasco Da Gama: To speak and listen to their accounts on their voyages and the inside story of epicurism at that time, in the aspect of their personal experiences throughout The Mediterranean, Asia, The East Indies, Africa, Brazil, the Americas ... What they encountered, discovered, tasted, and who they met ...

4. Eros Ramazzotti: for the background music ...

5. Galileo: One of the all time great astronomers and mathematicians of all time ... To tell us, what he had experienced in reference to the galaxies beyond, the planets, and the lunar and solar cycle, the ebb & the tide.

6. Andrew Lloyd Webber: My love of Broadway Theatre, lives on ... This is my favorite form of entertainment. Many thanks to Webber´s innovativeness for bringing it alive.

I look forward to reading whom you have invited guests ...

Have nice Wednesday.
CIAO,
Margaux Cintrano.
All of the 15th century High Sheriffs of Nottinghamshire.
Roast mutton, goose, and tankards of ale.
Would be interesting to hear their opinions on how combat modern society's Robin Hoods.
Quasimodo- to help improve my wife's posture and verbal skills.

Last edited:
Just Plain Bill, Buon Giorno,

Firstly, thanks for your feedback ...

Bill, I know you must be joking, about your lady´s posture ... At least, I hope that you are joking ...

Perhaps, she is always laying down ? and, has a bit of difficulty !

Ciao, Have a nice Wednesday.
Margi.

Bill: Wit

:) Buonasera Bill,

I have been a member of D.C. since January 2012 ... Have become a bit accustomed to other members´ editorial, food preferences, wit, goals, hopes, personalities, characters, energies, vibrations, life styles, dislikes, food profiles, allergies, likes, traditions, cultural levels, etcetra ...

With this in mind, I had known you were trying to put the wool over my eyes ... A New York Italian with an upscale palate, and a wife with poor posture, just did NOT create the image I have had in mind ... Did not sit right ! I am a pretty sophisticated world traveller, and thus, when, I re-read a post, and think, what does this Member mean ? I think over carefully, what is best to write, and yet, communicate, humorously if that be the case, which is sometimes challenging as I am pretty serious in character, however, I too, like a good sense of humour ...

Ciao.
Thanks for post.
Margi.

:) Buonasera Bill,

I have been a member of D.C. since January 2012 ... Have become a bit accustomed to other members´ editorial, food preferences, wit, goals, hopes, personalities, characters, energies, vibrations, life styles, dislikes, food profiles, allergies, likes, traditions, cultural levels, etcetra ...

With this in mind, I had known you were trying to put the wool over my eyes ... A New York Italian with an upscale palate, and a wife with poor posture, just did NOT create the image I have had in mind ... Did not sit right ! I am a pretty sophisticated world traveller, and thus, when, I re-read a post, and think, what does this Member mean ? I think over carefully, what is best to write, and yet, communicate, humorously if that be the case, which is sometimes challenging as I am pretty serious in character, however, I too, like a good sense of humour ...

Ciao.
Thanks for post.
Margi.
You're being very charitable. Guess the babes with moustaches and black dresses are on the wain; but Snooki may help bring that back into fashion.:whistling

Big Bad Bill: You Are A Human Rarity

:ROFLMAO: Thanks for the humor ...

Imagine, there are still women in long black dresses with mustaches in tiny villages & hamlets in the Mediterranean ? :LOL:

Ciao,
Margi. ;) :cool:

I reckon I would have to pick:
Justin Wilson
Erich Weiss
Carlos Castaneda
Ambrose Bierce
Jedediah Smith
my dad

Some of those names may be familiar. Some not.
All of those folks have intrigued me throughout my life and if the list could be expanded, I could add a lot more.
I would finally be able to discover my dad's long lost secret for Fish Muddle and that is what I would serve.
I miss my dad.

Last edited:
Hoot: Thanks for Sharing.

Buonasera,

It is as if, it happened yesterday; I had lost my Dad, in June of 2010, and it is still one of the hardest challenges I have ever had to face ... He was 94 however, we were quite close as I am the only child.

Thanks for sharing and I understand.

Margaux Cintrano.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom