Whom to marry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
The thoughts of some of our kids-
Alan [10] - You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
Kristen [10] - No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry, God decides it all the way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with.
----------
What is the right age to marry
Camille [10] - Twenty three is the best age because you know the person forever by then.
Freddie [6] - No age is good to be married at. You got to be a fool to get married.
How can a stranger tell if two people are married
Derrick [8] - You might have to guess, based on whether they are yelling at the same kids.
What do the think your Mum and Dad have is common
Lori [8] - Both don't want anymore kids.
What do most people do on a date
Lynnette [8] - Dates are for having fun and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
Martin [10] - On the first date they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go on a second date.
When is it OK to kiss someone
Pam [7] - When you're rich
Curt [7] The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that.
Howard [8] - The rule goes like this. If you kiss someone you should marry them and have kids with them, it's the right thing to do.
Is it better to be single or married
Anita [9] - It's better for girls to be single but not boys, boys need someone to clean up after them.
How would the world be different if people didn't get married
Kelvin [8] - There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there.
And finally
How would you make a marriage work
Ricky [10] - Tell your wife she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.
--------------
Well, they sure have got that worked out :LOL:

How would the world be different if people didn't get married
Kelvin [8] - There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there.

That was my favorite. :LOL:

Kids...aren't they great!

b0201.gif

Though I understand the humor of this list, it saddens me that marriage, and families, for a great many, are no longer viewed as something worth persuing, or as a joyful way of life. I wish the list went more like this;

1. You got to find someone who likes the same stuff, so you can share great times together.

2. When people marry, they should base their love on things that God would like, so he can bless the marriage.

3. What is the right age to marry
People should wait until they are grown up, so they can understand what marriage is about, and not just marry just anybody.

4. How can a stranger tell if two people are married
Because the two people work together, and are happy with each other.

5. What do the think your Mum and Dad have is common
They love playing with us.

6. What do most people do on a date
So they can have fun learning about each other.

7. When is it OK to kiss someone
When you really like the other person.

8. Is it better to be single or married Married. Because then you have someone you can trust, and who makes you feel great. And you have to do the same back.

9. How would the world be different if people didn't get married
It would be a sadder place.

10. How would you make a marriage work
By working at it with all of my heart, mind, and strength.

And yes I know, we don't live in a perfect world. But if we all try to be a little more perfect, then the world is just a little nicer place to live in.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Confession1
I had (and have) a bad habit of calling drivers in other cars bad names. It's usually "idiot" or "moron." I refuse to put one of those fish on my car, because I don't act very Christian when I'm driving. Anyway, one particularly stressful morning, I was driving my kids to school, and it seemed that every bad driver was out to get me. Finally, after screaming at other drivers over and over, I heard from the backseat the little, sad voice of my seven year old daughter say (choking back tears): "Mommy, sometimes I think that you're not going to heaven!!!!" --Anonymous

I had to read all three pages of bad mommy confessions, it was so funny! :LOL:

Last edited:
I like it GW, thanks! And very amusing, Attie. It gave me a good laugh.

Though I understand the humor of this list, it saddens me that marriage, and families, for a great many, are no longer viewed as something worth persuing, or as a joyful way of life. I wish the list went more like this;........

Goodweed, even though most of us hope to teach our children all the things you said by our actions, and the list you made is sweet, they don't always catch on to all of it. Even like in my last post, we as parents want so desperately to be good parents, we still do things wrong and feel bad about it--hopefully learning from it.

My favorite one you wrote was:
8. Is it better to be single or married Married. Because then you have someone you can trust, and who makes you feel great. And you have to do the same back.

I would just change the last sentence to: And you want to do the same back. OR It just makes your day to have that trust with someone and you want to make them feel great too.
I miss that.

My middle son at 17 once said, leaning against the hall asking me a serious question. "Mom, I don't understand women". I almost burst out laughing but then recovered with, 'well, it will take a lifetime but you just need to treat women like you would treat yourself'. He walked off still not understanding. He will understand around 45 or 50.

Goodweed your post was very nice, thank you, ~Bliss

How would you make a marriage work
Ricky [10] - Tell your wife she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.
--------------
Well, they sure have got that worked out :LOL:

:LOL::ROFLMAO:
That was my favorite, having to explain all the kids was my second favorite, but all were pretty funny.
It is kinda cool seeing how kids perceive things.

That was classic! Thank you for sharing, reminds me of the old book "Kids Say the Darndest Things!"

And Thank you for also sharing your thoughts GW, you obviously have a very sincere heart....its nice to see that in this day and age!

Remember Art Linkletter, anyone? Even back then kids still came up with this stuff. GW, your list was great - - - but that's just not how kids think. They still said the silly stuff, even back then.

...even when she looks like a truck - priceless!!!

Remember Art Linkletter, anyone? Even back then kids still came up with this stuff. GW, your list was great - - - but that's just not how kids think. They still said the silly stuff, even back then.

It's been my experiene that kids are much more perceptive than people give them credit for. Their remarks are, for the most part, without guile, and are given in sincerity. Those remarks are responses to the world they continually witness.

When a child says something like (and this isn't on the list) "Not married, because married people just yell at each other all the time.", that is what they've seen in their world. It's a sad take on the families that they have seen.

It's not that the child is saying bad things. It's sad that the child's veiw of something that could be wonderful, is skewed by poorly executed family behaviors.

To me, the family is a sacred institution, as is marriage. And the home should be a refuge from the difficulties of the world, a place where you want to be. And your spouse and kids should be the most prescious and important people in your life. Anything less is robbing you and yours of the most basic happiness available in this world.

I know that I seem like a wet blanket right now, but this is very serious to me. We all need to be the best that we can be for our loved ones. That's what I believe with all of my heart, mind, and strength.

Seeeeeey; Goodweed fo the North

Remember Art Linkletter, anyone? Even back then kids still came up with this stuff.

I remember Art Linkletter and his interviewing children. I can't say how much I remember except it was gentile, kind and relaxed. And the kids would say the darndest things.
>>>
I remember a Heinlein story, or a story in a story, {edit: Or was it Alan Sherman?} where Deity (?) created a sex/pleasure organ that would react only to true love. The organ quit working at about 4 years old .....
>>>
About #1, Sharing, no doubt there should be common interest but I feel there has to be divergent interests. I guess the home and property could be an analogy, the house has 'common areas', Wife has her own room for her collections, I have the garage in which she parks her car. I build cars, she rides in them. I lock in the hubs and go off road, Wife can't share this because she's sane and her screaming is too distracting ... ;)
>>>
LOL! Wife isn't the prettiest of women, I'm not the handsomest of men. We have never had illusions on this subject. Somehow I can't keep my hands from her ..... And when I look into her eyes ....
>>>
TBC, Dentist appointment. Yee Haw!

This was my favorite:

How can a stranger tell if two people are married
Derrick [8] - You might have to guess, based on whether they are yelling at the same kids.

It's been my experiene that kids are much more perceptive than people give them credit for. Their remarks are, for the most part, without guile, and are given in sincerity. Those remarks are responses to the world they continually witness.

When a child says something like (and this isn't on the list) "Not married, because married people just yell at each other all the time.", that is what they've seen in their world. It's a sad take on the families that they have seen.

It's not that the child is saying bad things. It's sad that the child's veiw of something that could be wonderful, is skewed by poorly executed family behaviors.

To me, the family is a sacred institution, as is marriage. And the home should be a refuge from the difficulties of the world, a place where you want to be. And your spouse and kids should be the most prescious and important people in your life. Anything less is robbing you and yours of the most basic happiness available in this world.

I know that I seem like a wet blanket right now, but this is very serious to me. We all need to be the best that we can be for our loved ones. That's what I believe with all of my heart, mind, and strength.

Seeeeeey; Goodweed fo the North

I can assure you you will never be a "wet blanket" in my eyes. You are a wonderful man and I wish there were more just like you, my friend!

It's funny here in KZ....I don't think that many of the women are happy with the local crowd.......it's the women who are focused on their children (if they have them) and their careers.... Most of our employees are women and there is a reason......they are aggressive and career-oriented......many have children and no spouses.........they love my husband.......David is old and hairless......so it's not hormonal attraction.......they call him the godfather behind his back......but when we have get-togethers I will pontificate on how to attract a good husband.......all are listening......I always say........look at how your boyfriend treats his mother and other females in the family.....then go from there........

Kids that age are very much influenced by their piers as we all know and will pick up on anything without fully understanding so we must make sure we project the right message. Not all kids would come up with the answers I posted but those answers would have been influenced by comments made by their parents be they in jest or not. I recall my brother being stopped by the police for not having a current rego sticker on his windscreen, while trying to explain to the cop that he hadn't received it his son popped up "Yes you have Dad, you put it in the glove box" sooooooooooo we must be very careful what we say in front of them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom