Willing to help anyone on western european , indian and far eastern cuisine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
I have asked a lot of questions on this forum so i thought i would make a thread in order to help others . I feel qualified enough to help people on the following cuisines , Indian , Noyan, Middle Eastern , Greek, Turkish , Scandinavian , English , French , Italian , Spanish , Chinese , Thai , Malaysian , Vietnamese , Burmese , Singaporean.

Feel free to ask for help or recipes. I will do my best to answer swiftly as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure i mis spelt it you have to forgive its late in the uk and i work 12 hrs day unlike rest of central and southern europe that has a maximum 35 hr week damm northern europe lol . Anywho noyan is the term for a mix chinese and malaysian race which settled in the malaaca straights about 500 yrs ago.

Wow, thanks Nick. There is a British sauce that I have been trying to find the recipe for, Killarney sauce. It is apparently something that is used casually, maybe on pub grub. But I have been going nuts trying to find out the recipe. Any help would be appreciated.

yummy indian potatoes:
8 medium potatoes
2 T oil
1 t whole cumin
3/4 t salt
1/2 t paprika
3/4 t coriander powder
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t garam masala

1. boil potatoes, let cool, peel, cut into cubes
2. heat oil in pan, add cumin & roast. Add rest of spices
3. Add potatoes, turn to low heat
4. turn potatoes until cooked.

you could make alu gobi by adding cauliflower and doubling the spices.

Heya Nick, how does Noyan relate to Peranakan? The way you described Noyan, that's what I thought Peranakan was. TIA.

well Nick, I'll be tappin into you very soon. just bought in bulk, lots of colors of lentils, wild rice and all the spices I can't find where I live, to make Indian food. I do not know what much of what I bought does or is.

what does one do with monk green round little beans?
LEFSElover said:
I wish I had my camera, I'd take a picture of what I just bought [spread it out on my hotel room bed] in the Super Store here in bulk, to post it on this thread, oh, but then, that'd mean I would know how to post and goodness knows, I've not read the instructions as sent to me by KE yet to know how to do that.

this recipe for the Indian potatoes, I have everything for, as I just bought things I didn't have on hand at home. I also have at home the biggest cauliflower I've even seen, in the frig just waiting to be cooked.

and yes, please please please, post some recipes................

Last edited:
I'm looking for a simple recipe (w/o meat) using lentils. If you have any I'd be interested.....

Back
Top Bottom