Word or Words of the Day and Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's why I couldn't become president, while I am left-handed, I am also able to spell.

Now if I could learn to type...

Also, don't underestimate your intelligence Vit. You are most likely smarter than you realize. Most people are likely smarter than they realize, but that is a potentially lengthy disscusion so message me if you are interested in hearing my thoughts about this.

The president trivia is nifty. I didn't know that.

this wasn't meant to be about me, pag, but your compassion and generous nature are duly noted. i was reminded of a while back, when you were posting these fascinating descriptions of your dreams in a dc thread of timothy's. the stories were wrapped in an atmosphere of suspense and doom, rather scifi in genre. your story telling, your writing, was fresh and alive, replete with danger, intrigue and symbolism. i hope you are continuing to express yourself in this way, through your creative writings, pag.:)

This is my co-worker, I will have to reteach her when she comes back from vacation.

technopeasant:
(informal) One who is disadvantaged or exploited within a modern
technological society, especially through inability to use computer
technology.
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/technopeasant>

I know a few of these. I even know a few of these that are part of the technology generations.

this wasn't meant to be about me, pag, but your compassion and generous nature are duly noted. i was reminded of a while back, when you were posting these fascinating descriptions of your dreams in a dc thread of timothy's. the stories were wrapped in an atmosphere of suspense and doom, rather scifi in genre. your story telling, your writing, was fresh and alive, replete with danger, intrigue and symbolism. i hope you are continuing to express yourself in this way, through your creative writings, pag.:)

I understand it was a compliment, I'm just passionate about people not underestimating themselves and about seeing the value of people regardless of where their talents fall. I think a lot of people have valuable skills and talents that are important but frequently overlooked, and I think intelligence manifests differently in people and in some isn't recognized because it doesn't show in traditionally recognized ways. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm smart, I know I'm fortunate in my talents. I just also know other people are also smart and fortunate in their talents, sometimes in ways that aren't aknowledged by society.

achene, also akene - a small, dry, hard, one-seeded, indehiscent (does not open at maturity, yes I had to look it up) fruit. It's those little surface seeds in strawberries. I suppose everything must have a name...thank you, Botany, for this one.

achene, also akene - a small, dry, hard, one-seeded, indehiscent (does not open at maturity, yes I had to look it up) fruit. It's those little surface seeds in strawberries. I suppose everything must have a name...thank you, Botany, for this one.

Well yeah, otherwise how could we talk about it?

As wonderful as Google is, it's really hard to find the name of a bird whose song or call you've heard -- without the name of the bird.

I finally found the name of the tiny migratory birds in my yard; they are yellow-rumped warblers. Gotta love the name. :)

As wonderful as Google is, it's really hard to find the name of a bird whose song or call you've heard -- without the name of the bird.

I finally found the name of the tiny migratory birds in my yard; they are yellow-rumped warblers. Gotta love the name. :)
Yes, that is a great name, and they are such cuties (I Googled).

If you can get a photo, it gets a little better trying to Google, using image search. Upload your pic and Google will try to find similar pix. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you really bizarre results. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom