Y'all Just Wait! (New Zealand)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't been game to ask her yet, not going to be a cheap trip. I reckon I'll need about $3k to cover everything.

"5 KLM to the freeway???"
That must be just about to the other side. :rolleyes:

Start packing, Mudbug. You can sleep standing in the broom closet with June, Clive and me.:LOL:

Hang about guys, we have 32 bedrooms here, if not 32 beds. Also some camp stretchers. ;Þ

Yanks are coming Mudbug, So are Ozzies, so are Pommies. It is all on mate I tell you.

Last edited:
Great, the very month i will be back in Malaysia... Anyway, the drive from Christchurch to Invercargill will be about 8 hours. You can stop by Dunedin, being a student town, would be nice and quiet during the summer. Nice change of pace from the rest of New Zealand during that time.

Try and do a glacier walk. I really enjoyed those... And you can go to Kaikoura for a dolphin swim.

Food wise... err... Hmmmm... There is no actual kiwi food per say... You can try their Kumara fries which are sweet potato chips...The kids here love a biscuit called Tim Tams and i personally enjoy a soft drink called L&P.

:angel: Dale, please adopt me and send me plane fare home!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Okay, I'll just stow away in Billy's luggage! Oh, I am green with envy everyone. It sounds like you all are going to have so much fun. It's a dream vacation.

LOL, and Billy may be bringing his sister too. Howzat.. I am so looking forward to it.

Now Billy will definitely have to write a food blog here for all the DC people to see.:) And, its just as well you have 32 bedrooms Ellen, looks like you may fill em' all!!:ROFLMAO: How cool for Billy that his sister may come too.:)

I dont have 32 bedrooms but if any DC'er is coming Downunder, I would be most happy ( in fact delighted) to get to meet you and provide somewhere to sleep in my ole town. Just let me know!!:chef:

My, My, My! Jes' look at all the people! You have to know the excitement is almost unendurable. I've already begun making lists and have sent some things on ahead...how many suitcases can I take? I'd better find out and about weight limitations too :( I was sitting thinking about how many cookbooks I could take and then thought that's dumb. I'm taking a CD with enough recipes to last all of us for years. I've got a camera that'll hold 500 pictures and the cable to download them to the computer. Don't know about taking my laptop, it'd give me something to do on the way down...nah, books, that's the ticket.

I am planning on arriving somewhere around the 1st of December and staying to the latter part of January. Don't plan on going anywhere fancy, cause I'm bringing 2 pair of slacks, t-shirts, sandals [my frillies of course], my Manolo blahnik heels in case Dale wants to go dancing and that's about it. Presies of course...mostly tie dyes.

Of all the people that just might be around, the only one I've met is Marlene from the Frozen North. What an adventure. Mudbug, we could eat some real Aussie mudbugs if Attie'd bring 'em. Have you seen pictures of those mudbugs they have down in Aussie land? Those things are terrifying looking. Course I told Dale I'd leave my food prejudices at home and at least try anything they put in front of me.

Do you realize there's only about 78 days left til I leave?

Back
Top Bottom