your absolute favorite top 5 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
middie said:
bucky...love the quote.
my favorite artist of all
time is phil collins
middie, what ever happen to ol' spit curl himself, phil collins? he was great with genesis, and as a solo artist. i listened to abacab on the way in today. traffic was bad, but i managed around it and made it to work exactly as the cd ended. serendipitous...

forgot Crying - Roy Orbison

ironchef - I'd say generation gap hit the nail on the head!!! LOL Maybe TWO gaps!!!

cafeandy said:
inside looking out by grand funk railroad
inna godda da vida by iron butterfly
welcome to the machine by pink floyd
the entire white album by the beatles
do what you like by blind faith
#6 [i know] second contributions album by shawn phillips

this list may be different tomorrow, tho.[/quote

Oh my God..shaun Phillips, haven't heard of him in YEARS!!!
I guess you know JJ Cale and Tom Rush too???

buckytom said:
middie said:
bucky...love the quote.
my favorite artist of all
time is phil collins
middie, what ever happen to ol' spit curl himself, phil collins? he was great with genesis, and as a solo artist. i listened to abacab on the way in today. traffic was bad, but i managed around it and made it to work exactly as the cd ended. serendipitous...

he's still around. as a matter of fact he was touring this year. i wanted to see him for my b-day but needless to say i couldn't go.
lately he's been doing alot of soundtracks for disney. i think in the next year or two he'll be retiring :cry:

This is a very tough one because I like so many and have been around for over half a century.

Little Red Riding Hood
Hey Jude
Time Is On Myside
I Drink Alone
One Bourbon,One Scotch,One beer

southerncook...

i saw jj cale in houston with my young wife back in the 70s [neither one of us are young anymore but she's still a babe]. one of the best concerts i've ever been to. i still listen to shawn/shaun phillips regularly. it always does me good to find someone who is paisan with me on some of my obscure musical tastes. had a guest in my cafe a few months ago who recognized george winston on the stereo. that was really a rush, too.

are you familiar with his "second contributions" album? if so, can you tell me the name of the first song?[/i]

I LOVE George Winston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to a concert of his a couple months ago - AWESOME!!!! He played some GREAT stuff - old and new and stuff I didn't even know he played! He's quite good on the guitar too.

OMG!!!!...have you got his remembrance cd? or the latest one where he plays music by the doors? i've got every album he's made.

i have a poster from a concert of his that my sister-in-law [cinde] swiped after the concert it was advertising. it was in one of those locked frames in a tunnel that runs under downtown houston. she held the bottom corner of the door open just enuff for me to get hold of the corner of the poster and slowly roll it up until it was small enuff to ease out the opening. that was in 1996.

cinde died of breast cancer four years ago. that's when i dug the poster out of the closet and had it framed and hung it on the wall in the 'computer room' of the house.

cinde loved george winston.

kitchenelf said:
The Air That I Breath - The Holly's
O Holy Night - Aaron Neville
Do The Walls Come Down - Carly Simon
Fallen - Lauren Wood
Do Ya' - K. T. Oslen

I am almost afraid to contact you, double dippin y'know. But anything by Aaron Neville is good. He was in Eugene with his brothers a few months ago, sold out.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS

Yikes! Only 5? well, here's 5 I can think of, on a stomach full of wine and no dinner, mind....

entire Layla album
Nuages - Django Rheinhardt
Respect - Aretha
Me and My Uncle - Grateful Dead
Truckin' - Dead (again)
Dixie Chicken -Little Feat

well, that's more than 5. As I said, lotta wine, no dinner....

OK, thought of some more

Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain - Willie
Crazy - Patsy Cline (writtem by Willie)
entire Court and Spark album - Joni Mitchell
Live at Cook County Jail - BB King (album)

man, this is tooooo hard

crewsk, if you have "jagged little pill", listen to track 13. it's one of my favs. turn it way up and wait a few seconds for it to start. you can just hear the pain in her voice...

Mad Season - Matchbox Twenty
Cradle - The Reason
Warning - Incubus
Unfogiven I & II - Metallica
Raining In Baltimore - Counting Crows

lol, middie, i change my signature to whatever song i liked on my morning commute to work (and the ones i know the lyrics to).
ok, just for you...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom