Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I work in the mines driving those huge trucks I work 7 on 7 off alternating nightshift n day shift. Love the roster hate being away from home so much though. Work is 6hr drive from home.

What do you do?

I always wanted to drive one of those big trucks! I can't reach the pedals.:LOL:

I am a nurse, taking care of the elderly. I work both Rehab and End-of-Life (Hospice). I'm off the floor now and working on the paperwork end, doing assessments for the various insurance and government agency's that provide payment. I see about 6 patients a day. Love my job!

PrincessFiona60 said:
I am a nurse, taking care of the elderly. I work both Rehab and End-of-Life (Hospice). I'm off the floor now and working on the paperwork end, doing assessments for the various insurance and government agency's that provide payment. I see about 6 patients a day. Love my job!

I did that too for 7yrs I looked after the elderly but mostly quads and paraplegics and kids with cerebral palsy in their homes and absolutely loved it! These kids are some of the happiest go lucky people iv ever met!

no question there's sacrifice involved in living nighttime hours but you have entry into a special club where time is deliciously suspended from the ordinary....

no question there's sacrifice involved in living nighttime hours but you have entry into a special club where time is deliciously suspended from the ordinary....

You know...night shifters are whispers CRAZY! Nothing like a rousing game of frozen chicken bowling to keep things lively.:angel:

I have an extremely over active imagination and out here in the middle of no where it can get scary ... For me. I was all alone one night and I could hear the chains on the drag line clinking in the distance and all I could think was I hope those movies about zombies r not true coz it was the perfect ambush setting!!!! :s

PF, what is the name of that place were you work? I want to drive right by it and keep going.

Orryette, now I remember why I don't watch zombie movies.

Are there zombie chickens? :ohmy:

Addie said:
PF, what is the name of that place were you work? I want to drive right by it and keep going.

Lol not sure about zombie chickens but maybe zombie kangaroos lol

Crappy, rainy day all day so I went to get a haircut, something I have hated doing since my first one made me cry.

Orryette said:
I have an extremely over active imagination and out here in the middle of no where it can get scary ... For me. I was all alone one night and I could hear the chains on the drag line clinking in the distance and all I could think was I hope those movies about zombies r not true coz it was the perfect ambush setting!!!! :s

The hubby and I frequently prefer to travel at night because there is less traffic. All of our highways are edged by dense forests and every so often we'll come to an area that is particularly dense or shrouded in mist and I'll hear the hubby, "Oh, this would be the perfect place for a werewolf to jump out onto the road." He follows that with, "I wonder if I can get it to bite me."

Happy and joyous because I reconnected with a friend I lost touch with 15 years ago. :clap:

Trying to get some motivation to do, well, anything but read and surf the net. I have turned into a mouse potato.

I would go for a walk, but I really, really want a cigarette, and I would accost a stranger and bum a smoke.

Open all night! Welcome to my lair!:LOL:

My day started very slowly as I did everything I could to avoid doing the things I should, then I (finally) set up my facebook page for my cakes and had something to feel good about! :)

worked this morning put out a lunch for 50 for soup & sandwichs. getting ready to bring the daughter to her piano festival. Dh will travel north again for a day to meet with his siblings about getting a plan together about going through his late parents home & sheds.

Have been having a very lazy day doing nothing except playing on the 'puter and resting because I am again having angina episodes. :ermm:

Woke up to warmer weather and a headache, and have spent the better part of the day trying to feel well enough to go to work.

I spent my day (night) driving my 200t truck around in the mud :) pity the bosses were there no mischief for me :( lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom