Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still dealing with the pain from my extracted tooth last monday. It seems to hurt worse now than when it was still in.

Still dealing with the pain from my extracted tooth last monday. It seems to hurt worse now than when it was still in.

Are you sure you don't have a dry socket? That is very painful. Maybe time to hit the ER, before infection sets in.

simonbaker said:

Oh geez, SB. That doesn't sound good. I agree with PF.

Hope you feel better soon!

Are you sure you don't have a dry socket? That is very painful. Maybe time to hit the ER, before infection sets in.

My thoughts exactly. When I know someone is going to get a molar extracted, I warn them about keeping their tongue out of the empty socket. In fact I over damatize the consequences and pain if they don't. Having a scab in your mouth sounds nasty. But the pain of tonguing that scab loose, is even nastier and more painful than having the molar pull without pain medication. :ohmy:

Thinking I don't want to deal with my tooth due to many horror stories. Yay for bronchitis and temporary relief of tooth pain from antibiotics. :LOL:

and Simonbaker, I'm sorry it hurts :(

Merlot said:
Thinking I don't want to deal with my tooth due to many horror stories. Yay for bronchitis and temporary relief of tooth pain from antibiotics. :LOL:

and Simonbaker, I'm sorry it hurts :(

Eeks! Another tooth! Best thing you can do is have it looked at. Neglecting can lead to serious problems, including a brain infection. Just do it, Merlot!

Last edited:
Simonbaker, I am another one thinking it is dry socket. I had it with my wisdom teeth and it was no picnic. Had it again when I had to have the "remains" of a tooth taken out of my gums after the crown snapped off twice. Please have it checked out soon.

I am also needing to go to the dentist - chipped a filling about a week ago and have been plagued with an abscess on my gum for months now (probably tied into my sinus/throat thing). It is a good thing (or not) that my ability to withstand chronic pain makes me not feel these things but they still need to be dealt with.:wacko:

And I thought I was the stubborn one. At least I know when to give in and have something with potential danger taken care of ASAP!!! :ohmy::ohmy:

PF, do you want to be the one to tell these nice people what the dangers of letting problems with your teeth go, are? Such as being the cause of infections leading to the brain faster than you can say your name bringing on instant death; bringing on a heart attack; causing the infection from just one tooth to spread throughout your whole mouth and you end up losing all your teeth instead of just one; loss of vision; loss of hearing; shall I go on? And I am not exaggerating. Anything to add PF? :(

My sister got a rude education when she lost the central vision in one eye. And all because she wouldn't go to the dentist to have one molar filled. The infection in her tooth went into her eye. She could see you if you stood well off to the side, but not if you were standing in front of her. Made reading very difficult. :huh:

Last edited:
Thanks, Addie for the tough love. I actually do know the risks. My problem is right now there are so many things going on in my life (grief, pain class, fitness, house stuff, Dad's estate hassles, etc. I am finding it hard to deal with anything. I wish I DID feel the pain of the teeth problems, then I would be more inclined to do something about it. But I have the next week off and am planning (or have already booked) dentist, doctor, orthopedist, eye doctor, etc. appointments.

Oh, and just so it doesn't sound like the whole week is about doctors, I also have hair and spa appointments to pamper myself! :)

PrincessFiona60 said:
I was hanging out at the nurses station one day, waiting to check the medication records, when one of our new (very confused) patients came up to the desk. She was foaming at the mouth and I was alarmed. She said, "It's kinda tangy!" Turns out she was chewing her denture tablets...we took the box out of her room. I am not laughing, I am NOT laughing...

My mom has brushed her teeth, not once, but TWICE with preperation H..... She isn't old enough to be senile, quite yet! She said that it isn't easy to rinse out.

And I thought I was the stubborn one. At least I know when to give in and have something with potential danger taken care of ASAP!!! :ohmy::ohmy:

PF, do you want to be the one to tell these nice people what the dangers of letting problems with your teeth go, are? Such as being the cause of infections leading to the brain faster than you can say your name bringing on instant death; bringing on a heart attack; causing the infection from just one tooth to spread throughout your whole mouth and you end up losing all your teeth instead of just one; loss of vision; loss of hearing; shall I go on? And I am not exaggerating. Anything to add PF? :(

My sister got a rude education when she lost the central vision in one eye. And all because she wouldn't go to the dentist to have one molar filled. The infection in her tooth went into her eye. She could see you if you stood well off to the side, but not if you were standing in front of her. Made reading very difficult. :huh:

Addie is absolutely correct. It's no fun losing all your teeth, but the potential for infected teeth causing multiple other problems throughout your body is enormous. Take care of your teeth!

Wild, wet, cold, tired and exhilarating, my walk went well, I don't know my standing yet in the throng, but I did come in in the middle somewhere. I still don't know if they were able to get an official picture of me, as I was in a mass of about 40 people who pretty much stayed the same for the whole run.

Now, I can move up to running...

Wild, wet, cold, tired and exhilarating, my walk went well, I don't know my standing yet in the throng, but I did come in in the middle somewhere. I still don't know if they were able to get an official picture of me, as I was in a mass of about 40 people who pretty much stayed the same for the whole run.

Congrats Princess!!!!

PrincessFiona60 said:

Congrats!

PrincessFiona60 said:

Bravo, PF! Congrats!

Thanks All!

There were about 2500 runners/walkers for the 10K. No pics of me, drat! It's okay, I looked like a drowned rat anyway, I'll have Shrek get a pic of me in my run shirt and number later. Ended up getting in a hot shower for about 45 minutes. For once I couldn't get warm.

The 5K runners started popping up around 7K, they blew past us like we were standing still.

That's awesome Princess! Our facility has been raising money for relay for life also. Fun fun. We sold all kinds of weird things from old vinyl albums warped into bowls to bird houses, hot dog plates, car washes, pocketbooks...you name it - we sold it! Even the residents got into it.

That's awesome Princess! Our facility has been raising money for relay for life also. Fun fun. We sold all kinds of weird things from old vinyl albums warped into bowls to bird houses, hot dog plates, car washes, pocketbooks...you name it - we sold it! Even the residents got into it.

Thanks!

This run was for the YMCA.

Our fundraising for Relay is still going on with Raffle Baskets, our garage sale, we will be having a plant sale soon and then private donations from our sponsors for how many hours we walk during Relay. My Dad is sponsoring me for $50 an hour.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom