Your favorite shows as a child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can't remember the name of this one, but Grocho Marx hosted it, he would mortify or make fun of the contestants, I thought it was really funny..
"You bet your life". Remember that stupid duck dropping down?

Here are some favorites of mine that haven't been mentioned.

These aired in the afternoon when I was watching them:
The Amos & Andy Show (should be shown again -- maybe on PBS)
Our Gang
Our Miss Brooks
The Life of Riley
The Phil Silvers (Remember Sgt. Bilko)
People Are Funny (Art Linkletter -- Kids say the darndest things)
Nighttime "can't wait" shows:
Alfred Hitchcock
The Twilight Zone
The Jack Benny Show
The Red Skelton Show (worth mentioning twice)
The Wonderful World of Disney (remember Davie Crockett?!)

Little Rascals; Three Stoges; Bugs Bunny; Woody Woodpecker; Cheers; Night Rider; Wolf; Z; B.J. and the Bear; WKRP; Taxi; Lavergne & Shirley; Good Times; Jeffersons; Tom & Jerry; Grape Ape (lol); What's Happening; ...dang, I waytched alot of TV.....Mr Wizzard; This Old House; Justin Wilson; Yan Can Cook.....

Wow.....I got some reading of posts to catch up on.....can't right now gotta run to the Dentist......can't wait to see what you guys said.

My fave's growing up were: Hogan's Heroes, McLeod, McMillan & Wife, Mannix, Mission Impossible, Hawaii 5-0, Ironside, Wonderful World of Disney, Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Baa Baa Black Sheep (which later turned into Black Sheep Squadron), The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show, Tom & Jerry, Battle of The Planets, Thundercats, He-Man, She-Ra, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Emergency, Adam-12. Can't think of anything else right now.

"You bet your life". Remember that stupid duck dropping down?

Here are some favorites of mine that haven't been mentioned.

These aired in the afternoon when I was watching them:
The Amos & Andy Show (should be shown again -- maybe on PBS)
Our Gang
Our Miss Brooks
The Life of Riley
The Phil Silvers (Remember Sgt. Bilko)
People Are Funny (Art Linkletter -- Kids say the darndest things)
Nighttime "can't wait" shows:
Alfred Hitchcock
The Twilight Zone
The Jack Benny Show
The Red Skelton Show (worth mentioning twice)
The Wonderful World of Disney (remember Davie Crockett?!)

Watched all of the above too - plus had a Davie Crockett t-shirt -:ROFLMAO:!!!

many of the above, especially Dark Shadows and Johnny Quest!
And Sealab 2020, and that Sat. am show with the chimpanzee version of Columbo...
And UFO....
and Green Acres and Petticoat Junction and Courtship of Eddie's Father
and Please Don't Eat The Daisies and Buffy, Jody, Mr French (forget the show name)
and Mr Ed and the Andy Griffith Show and and and.........

Remember fine tuning the foil flagged rabbit ears?
Remember when ANY fairly clear picture with understandable sound was an
acceptable channel to watch.... and if it was a really really good show, it could even
do the never ending vertical scroll thing the entire time? (Except for when it mysteriously
stopped scrolling for the Shake and Bake commercials.....)

I laugh about the INCREDIBLE QUALITY OF HIGH DEF TV.... because I remember how it used to be, LOLOL!

Remember fine tuning the foil flagged rabbit ears?
Remember when ANY fairly clear picture with understandable sound was an
acceptable channel to watch.... and if it was a really really good show, it could even
do the never ending vertical scroll thing the entire time? (Except for when it mysteriously
stopped scrolling for the Shake and Bake commercials.....)

I laugh about the INCREDIBLE QUALITY OF HIGH DEF TV.... because I remember how it used to be, LOLOL!

I remember when a running vacuum cleaner would make the picture fuzzy.

OOh, I can't believe I forgot Land of The Lost... which they are making a remake of...

sleestack!!
40d5b014-65c6-4a40-a02c-77e7aa6a8474

oh I use to always watch that show!
other favs.... Alf....Smurfs...Lavern and Shirley...Mork and Mindy...The Muppet Show...Greatest American Hero...Of course I love Lucy and still watch it as well as still watch Little House on the Prarie! lol now my 1 1/2 yr old loves to watch it as well! Funny think for a 1 yr old to enjoy....

How could I have forgotten Little rascals And Gilligans!!

LOL Jeenkins I hated when someone was vacuming and the piture would go out as well as taking turns on who holds and adjusts the rabbit ears till the lines went away...at least most of them! Wow technology has come a long ways hasn't it! Wonder where it will be when my daughter is my age...can't imagine!!

So many more of my favorites have been named, like Get Smart and Bonanza, and I have thought of others like F-Troop, The Big Valley, Second Hundred Years, and It's About Time. I also loved watching old movies (like "Gaslight," "Mildred Pearce," "I Want to Live," and "A Summer Place" with my mom). I have to stop adding to my list! You'd think I did nothing but watch TV, but as I said I played outside a lot, I listened to music (mostly my mom's old albums from the 50s and early 60s), and I read voraciously! Watching old movies and reruns of old shows with my mom was actually a good bonding time, as we talked a lot during the commercials and we discussed them as they played too.

:)Barbara

My favorites were Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Twilight Zone, The Monroes, Gunsmoke, Gilligan's Island, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Love American Style, and After School Specials. As a little older teen I loved The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie (now buying the DVD sets of those two), Father Murphy, Sunday Night Mystery Movie (which included Columbo, McLeod, McMillan and Wife, and later Hec Ramsey, and Quincy M.E.). I'm not sure if this came on during my teens or just after, but I also loved Highway to Heaven.

Those highlighted were also my favorites Barbara. I did watch I Dream of Jeannie some and The Partridge Family a few times. Some of the others I never heard of.

Of all those that you all have listed besides what I posted above I also loved....

The Jeffersons
Good Times
Happy Days
I Love Lucy
The Little Rascals
The Adams Family
The Meunsters
The Carol Burnett Show
The Lone Ranger
Leave it to Beaver
Abbott & Costello Movies on Saturdays and Sundays
Welcome Back Kotter
Lavern & Shirley
Alf
Mork & Mindy
Plus just about any cartoon that was on t.v.

What about Wild Kindom and Disney Movies .... I think they were on Saturday nights but I remember all us kids settling in on the floor to watch in front of the console t.v.

Remember Planet of the Apes....I never saw anyone mention that one and I loved it. Along with Bozo Circus.

...What about Wild Kindom and Disney Movies ....
I loved them too! Even though they don't show Wonderful World of Disney anymore, I still watch Disney movies. If people saw our DVD collection they would think we had kids, as quite a few of them are Disney!

Back
Top Bottom