Summertime Spanish Wines

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
These are some lovely refreshing and light wines for the summer. I believe these are exported to the States, U.K. and Canada ...

1) Albariño Grape: Mar de Fraudes - D.O. Rias Baixas, Galicia
Notes: aromatic of lavendar, citrus notes, grapefruit and apple.

2) Rosé: Bodega Pirineos - D.O. Somantano, Aragon
Notes: Peach, Strawberry and Citrus notes. The strawberry color is delightful and it pairs well with paella and appetisers.

3) Rosé: Bodega de Sarría - D.O. Navarra
Notes: This is 100% Garnacha, and its aromas are rasberry, strawberry and floral. This wine has won some International Wine Challenges for its lovely quality and tasting notes.

4) Rosé: Bodegas Pagos de Araiz - D.O. Navarra
Notes: This is a coupage of Garnacha and Cabernet Sauvignon with a brilliant rasberry hue and intense fresh aromas of red fruit.

5) Albariño Grape 100%: Bodega Viña Nora - D.O. Rias Baixas, Galicia
Notes: From the Inveravante Group, this oak aged 6 month old white wine is plentiful in aromas and a light bouquet of oak. Delightful for shellfish, seafood and white fish dishes and sashimi or ceviche.

Has anybody tried any of the these ?

Kind regards,
Ciao. Margi. :)

Historic La Rioja Winery 1852 - Present

Wednesday 8th August

Dan,

One of the loveliest Red wines, originated in Logroño, La Rioja, and has an extensive history dating back to 1852: Bodega Marqués de Murrieta

The exemplary fact about this winery is that the historical traditionals are combined with the vanguard modern; for example:

The latest fermentation tanks and the traditional wooden press ensure an extraordinaire style and quality for all the wines at Murrieta.

*** See Photos Below which are from:

Stock Photo Courtesy: of Marqués de Murrieta, owner, Winemaker Mr. Vincente Cebrián II, who I interviewed several times over the last decade.

This is a wine worth every Euro !

This bodega ( winery ) does not produce plonk ... Highly Recommendable Line of Reds.

Kind regards,
Margaux Cintrano

Attachments

• WINE PRESS.jpeg
    WINE PRESS.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 407
  • VINCENTE CEBRIAN I.jpg
    VINCENTE CEBRIAN I.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
The Navarra Garnacha is my fave this summer - have just ordered some for the weekend as there are rumours here that a big shiny yellow ball thing will appear in the sky ......

Gravy Queen: Navarran Garnacha Rosés

Buonasera Gravy Queen, Good Afternoon,

Taking a moment to thank you for your post ... and feedback ...

I have recommended two Navarran Garnacha Rosés in the beginning of my Thread.

I also wish to suggest, Navarran Julián Chivite Rosé Gran Feudo, as it is a marvel ... with a stunning strawberry watermelon reddish rose color. We buy it by the case, to have at home from the winery directly.

Aromatic, fab color and to top it off, delightfully refreshing ...

Wine name: Gran Feudo ( The Great Feud )
Winery: Julián Chivite - Navarra ( near Olite )
Grape: 100% Garnacha

All my best for a lovely day,
Margi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom