"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy

Old 11-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Ah. Here it is. From 5 Ingredient Fix:

Am thinking I also baked this in a pie pan instead of a tart pan.

Ginger Pumpkin Tart
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups crushed thin Swedish ginger cookies, (about 55 to 60 cookies) ( I used grocery store brand.)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree. ( I added additional pumpkin pie spice)
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 large egg yolks
Pinch salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put a 9-inch removable-bottom fluted tart pan on a baking sheet.

Make the crust by combining the ginger cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl, until well blended. Add the crumbs to the tart pan and evenly press over the bottom and up the sides with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake until set and a bit darker in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.

In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg yolks, additional spice if desired, and salt until well blended. Pour the filling into the cooled crust, return to the oven, and bake until set and beginning to brown on the top, about 30 minutes. Remove tart from the oven, cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.

To serve, carefully remove outer tart shell ring and slice.

NOTE: Any crushed gingersnap cookie will do; just be sure to use 2 1/2 cups crumbs for the crust.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:35 PM   #22
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ah. Here it is. From 5 Ingredient Fix:

Am thinking I also baked this in a pie pan instead of a tart pan.

Ginger Pumpkin Tart
Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups crushed thin Swedish ginger cookies, (about 55 to 60 cookies) ( I used grocery store brand.)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree. ( I added additional pumpkin pie spice)
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 large egg yolks
Pinch salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put a 9-inch removable-bottom fluted tart pan on a baking sheet.

Make the crust by combining the ginger cookie crumbs and melted butter in a large bowl, until well blended. Add the crumbs to the tart pan and evenly press over the bottom and up the sides with the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake until set and a bit darker in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.

In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, condensed milk, egg yolks, additional spice if desired, and salt until well blended. Pour the filling into the cooled crust, return to the oven, and bake until set and beginning to brown on the top, about 30 minutes. Remove tart from the oven, cool to room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.

To serve, carefully remove outer tart shell ring and slice.

NOTE: Any crushed gingersnap cookie will do; just be sure to use 2 1/2 cups crumbs for the crust.
Thanks! I would make it in a pie pan also.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #23
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I am doing Pumpkin Custard, no crust. I'm also going to make cranberry sauce for me, will make it with half the sugar. Shrek likes the Jellied stuff in the can.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

i'm taking a pumpkin dump cake. it is made with a spice can and pumpkin pie filling. my touch will be sugared pecans on top. i get tired of the same old stuff. made pumpkin cheesecake last year. it was a big hit.

Tags
None