ISO from scratch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virgo152

Senior Cook
My Bf won't eat deserts from scratch because his throat itches. He will eat toll house cookies from the supermarket premade and you cut them and put in the oven. What's the difference?

Take a home made recipe that's fairly simple and makes his throat itch. Have him sample one ingredient at a time until he reacts. That's the problem ingredient and you will be able to avoid it.

you could always go with the psycological approach and fake like you're making stuff from a package and make it from scratch.

if his throat doesn't itch, it means he's cheating on you with a pisces or saggitariaus.

:cool:

just kidding.

i'm just saying it could all be in his head.

(like another woman...)

kidding again....

make your own town house chocolate chip cookie dough (recipe of the toll house package) then roll it up like the slice and bake put it in the fridge to firm up let him see the round dough and you slicing it and he"ll think it is store brought,

You might want to check the package of ingredients and compare them to your recipe.

If you cook yours and he doesn't complain then tell him it was your homemade.

also you might want to save a previous wrapper to have it sitting on the counter while you are slicing yours. Mind tricks.
When our daughter was lilttle she would only eat Mcdonalds hamburgers. so I saved a bag and a wrapper, (cleaned then off of course) made supper put hers in the MCd wrapper and the bag. she inhaled the burger and then I told her -she didn't believe me at first so she tried another one of mine and then she said Oh my taste must of grown up!

ok not to insult you or say anything bad. but maybe him telling you the his throat scratches is a way to avoid your cookies, as he doesn't like yours. he is finding a polite way to tell you. so if you use toll house recipe you can't go wrong. goog luck

If he's got allergies, it's definitely good to figure that out straight away. If he doesn't eat your cooking...STBH, my friend.

Is it just the cookies he complains about, or all your desserts? Have you tried making something else and seeing how he reacts?

I definitely second all the suggestions here on "testing" him-- fake him out and see what happens. Though I have to say (sorry) that "he just won't eat my food" makes him sound like a little bit of a, uh... jerk.

What recipe do you use? Is there anything unusual in it?

bitterness and disappointment, perhaps.

sorry, can't help myself. :cool:

seriously, there's only one way you're gonna know if it's your cooking or another woma... i mean something else.

Does he eat his mother's cooking? Or anybody elses? I hate to say he's all wet, but it's a wee bit far fetched. The only difference in the store-bought variety is that the dough is completely pasteurized, right? Are you using any organic or "special" ingredients that he might need to slowly adjust to?

He is italian! He doesn't eat any of her desserts. He does eat the cooking but no baking EXCEPT his gingerbread cookies and pazzells(sp)

He is italian! He doesn't eat any of her desserts. He does eat the cooking but no baking EXCEPT his gingerbread cookies and pazzells(sp)

I would like to say we all tried to help.

I say don't waste your time baking for him - let him make his own gingerbread cookies and pizelles.:mad:

unless you can get him in there with you, side by side, you don't have a whole lotta hope that he's gonna change. Italians (not just the males) are downright funny about other people's cooking. I had a great aunt that wouldn't even eat fresh bakery bread, she would ONLY eat her own. My dad is wierd about many foods, for no good reason other than he's decided he doesn't WANT to like it. It makes no sense, because my grandfather was very gentle and loved everything you put in front of him. My grandma says she can't name a single thing he refused to eat. So apparently the genes skipped a generation and my dad got 'em ALL.

Just humor him and find another way to spoil him. :)

lol, you know, I have no idea WHAT the heck BT is talking about, but the banter is funny anyway!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom