What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I was cleaning the fridge and found two huge lemons in back of one of the drawers. I used the microplane to remove the zest and then tossed them in the zapper for 15 seconds, rolled them and went to put them in my squeezer. They were both too big. So I sliced them into thick slices. The juice came running out of them as if they were in a bottle. I now have 3/4 of a cup of juice and one tbs. of zest. Both are happy in the freezer.

Good. This is the recipe I followed, with the following adjustments. As suggested in one of the comments, I put the cheesecake ingredients together the day before making, to let the flavors meld, and set in the refrigerator. I upped the vanilla to 1 T., added 1 t. almond extract and 1/4 t. lemon oil. The lemon oil is key, buy some today if you don't have it in stock.

Tofu Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I topped the cheesecake with one can of tart cherries, thickened with corn starch.
Thanks Beth

Has anyone been eating dessert lately?

007.JPG

I had two lonely Apples in the `frdige that needed to been eaten, so pie (Crostata, Galette, whatever) for DH
The crust was a bit thicker here, so I had REALLY bake it!

008.JPG

... and I had a bowl of fresh Cherries in the same condition, so this is my pie.

I shared some of each with our next door neighbors (aka the Construction Superintendent and his peeps)

Not to toot my own horn, but the crust was fabulous!

Looks and sounds wonderful, kgirl. :yum: I love cherries!

Not much homemade desserts here lately- it's been so hot, so most sweets lately have been ice cream. Although, grandson Tyler and I did bake some oatmeal choc chip cookies early one morning last week - he's been wanting to bake cookies with me for quite some time. I saved a few for me and sent the rest home with him. :)

I SO need to try this. I love Tillamook products and this is a new flavor. Hopefully one of our 2 grocery stores out here in the middle of nowhere carry it! :yum:

Attachments

• tillamookbody.jpg
    tillamookbody.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 142
Looks and sounds wonderful, kgirl. :yum: I love cherries!

Not much homemade desserts here lately- it's been so hot, so most sweets lately have been ice cream. Although, grandson Tyler and I did bake some oatmeal choc chip cookies early one morning last week - he's been wanting to bake cookies with me for quite some time. I saved a few for me and sent the rest home with him. :)

Making cookies with the small ones are always a lot of fun. When my kids were small, I always let them help me, stir, start the beaters going, scrape down the bowl. They really thought they were baking. As they got older, they learned how to read recipes. They would read it to me, step by step. Of course licking the spoons, beaters, the bowl was the best part for them.

You have evoked some happy memories for me Cheryl. Thank you.

I SO need to try this. I love Tillamook products and this is a new flavor. Hopefully one of our 2 grocery stores out here in the middle of nowhere carry it! :yum:

I always bought their cheeses. We don't get their products on the East Coast. Dang!

We really like Tillamook stuff too, can find the regular cheeses locally. This sounds intriguing! I have't seen anything like it around here, but admittedly, I wasn't looking for it. Will now! Thanks Cheryl!

For some reason, there are a bunch of partial apple halves in the fridge. Think I'll hack them up and stew them.

Last edited:

Cheryl, that's DH's fav right now, me, I like the Marionberry Pie and Mountain Huckleberry flavor more so!

https://www.tillamook.com/products/ice-cream.html#,premium

Back in, I think it was 2003, we had an oppertunity to tour the Tillamook Creamery in Oregon, what a blast! DH had never heard of them and I was all, LET'S GO!!! Loved the free samples ;)
We couldn't get Tillamook anything in Hawaii :ermm: now I watch for the "Buy One Get One" sales and stock up our deep freeze.

Oooh, I love the Tillamook Marionberry ice cream too, kgirl. How fun that must have been to tour the Tillamook Creamery and get to sample them. :ohmy::yum:
-----------------
Dawg....I looked yesterday, and our local grocer has the Hazelnut and Salted Caramel so I grabbed one. Oh. My. Gosh. It's to die for. They don't skimp on the hazelnuts at all...there's some in every bite. :yum: Fixin' to have a bowl right now...

Last edited:
Been trying to get Glenn to eat more fruits and vegetables, not that he doesn't already. But, since he's had two major surgeries in 3 month's time, his body is all confused.

So, in an effort to entice him to eat an extra helping of fruit today, I made strawberry shortcakes. Bought some lovely berries at the market yesterday and whipped up 6 tasty biscuits to receive the sweet ruby treats.

A good time was had by all. Plus, there is plenty left for two more days.

Baked a single layer mini (6") chocolate cake Wednesday.. Halved it, stacked it, frosted it with choc buttercream.. I am just a dud at frosting a cake still.. Practice, practice..

Been playing with various pudding/custard fruit desserts... Some success, some not so much.. Still learning to properly place a crust into my 6" pie tins... Jeannie and I are getting some good laughs along with some pretty tasty pies...

Ross

I'm going to try to make chocolate drop cookies. My mom got the recipe out of a magazine almost 50 years ago and I used to make the cookies quite often. The one thing I remember is that you melt the Crisco and the chocolate together in a pan.

My mom has long lost that recipe, but I think I finally found something very close to it. So that's on my to do list in the next week or so.

I'm going to try to make chocolate drop cookies. My mom got the recipe out of a magazine almost 50 years ago and I used to make the cookies quite often. The one thing I remember is that you melt the Crisco and the chocolate together in a pan.

My mom has long lost that recipe, but I think I finally found something very close to it. So that's on my to do list in the next week or so.

yay for old recipes... My choc chip recipe is from Sunset Magazine.. I still have the original page I tore out of the magazine in the 70's..

Ross

Back
Top Bottom