What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
001.jpg

Henry Weinhard Root Beer and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream Float
OMG! I'm a little kid again!

Easy simple galette dough that can be savory or sweet. This batch is for sweet, peaches to be exact. They make enough for 2 big portions to 4 smallish portions. We had vanilla ice cream on the side.

37240-albums1071-picture7106.jpg

Am waiting for time to pass to try this carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Used my own very sweet carrots. It's 3:30 pm. We are having dinner at my sisters' at 6:00. Hope to dig into this after dinner.

Attachments

• DSCN6258.jpg
    DSCN6258.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 115
View attachment 22121

We don't have dessert every night,
but when we do, I do it up!
I made Hershey's Best Brownies,
sans the Creamy Frosting this time (DH loves that!)
topped with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
and Hershey's York Peppermint Sundae Syrup
MMM!

How about you, what did you have?

My blood sugar reading jumped 100 points just looking at that picture!

Even though I am diabetic, I do like my dessert after dinner, so I buy these little 4oz fruit pies at Wally World for 50¢ each. They come in Peach, Pecan, Cherry, Lemon, Blueberry, Pumpkin & Apple

42e9a0fe-9799-4dc1-9dcc-d86e198e6c30.jpeg

Am waiting for time to pass to try this carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Used my own very sweet carrots. It's 3:30 pm. We are having dinner at my sisters' at 6:00. Hope to dig into this after dinner.

I LOVE Carrot Cake, especially a good one. That looks wonderful beth!

Even though I am diabetic, I do like my dessert after dinner, so I buy these little 4oz fruit pies at Wally World for 50¢ each. They come in Peach, Pecan, Cherry, Lemon, Blueberry, Pumpkin & Apple

SLOB (that doesn't look right :LOL:), I buy those same mini pies for DH from time to time, mainly when I don't feel like making anything and I can just slap that down it front of him and he's happy.
That Hershey's York Dark Chocolate & PepperMint Sundae Syrup has been discontinued, I am NOT happy!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/YORK-Dark-Chocolate-Peppermint-Sundae-Syrup-15-oz/20702795

I'm wondering how you waited so long to dig into it. I would've made two so I could munch on one.:pig:

I'm wondering how you waited so long to dig into it. I would've made two so I could munch on one.:pig:

I was a half hour away from a Zumba class at 3:30. As for DH, he was well trained when I got him. He will not eat anything in the kitchen, before checking with me to see if it is okay. And I said it was not okay. And I knew my sister was preparing an excellent dinner. But after we got home from dinner.....

Attachments

• DSCN6263.jpg
    DSCN6263.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 115
I was a half hour away from a Zumba class at 3:30. As for DH, he was well trained when I got him. He will not eat anything in the kitchen, before checking with me to see if it is okay. And I said it was not okay. And I knew my sister was preparing an excellent dinner. But after we got home from dinner.....
Oh yum :yum: I love carrot cake. Looks scrumptious.

I would have gone to Zumba class with cream cheese on my breath:pig:

Table Talk pies has a commercial running. I haven't had one of them since my school days. I have been hankering one for a couple of weeks now. Will have to get one just to stop this craving.

Back
Top Bottom