What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My blood sugar reading jumped 100 points just looking at that picture!

Even though I am diabetic, I do like my dessert after dinner, so I buy these little 4oz fruit pies at Wally World for 50¢ each. They come in Peach, Pecan, Cherry, Lemon, Blueberry, Pumpkin & Apple

42e9a0fe-9799-4dc1-9dcc-d86e198e6c30.jpeg

... I went to Wally World today for a quick in-and-out since we were out of all our basics... I thought of this and went over to the bakery items... this elder lady was buying them ALL up, dang it! So I turned my cart and meandered towards the dairy section, got some cream for our coffee and went to check out and who was in front of me but this same gal!
All I wanted was one dang mini Apple Pie for DH!! Dang it! I should have spoken up and asked her for JUST ONE!
:LOL:

I wonder if she would have let you have one. :)

I kinda didn't think so dragn...she looked like she was protecting them as she placed the on the counter :LOL:
... but I had to go return an item that I mistaken grabbed (the wrong thing) so I went back again today and they had a HUGE display table right as you came in the door. I must not have been the only unhappy customer :ROFLMAO:

... I went to Wally World today for a quick in-and-out since we were out of all our basics... I thought of this and went over to the bakery items... this elder lady was buying them ALL up, dang it! So I turned my cart and meandered towards the dairy section, got some cream for our coffee and went to check out and who was in front of me but this same gal!
All I wanted was one dang mini Apple Pie for DH!! Dang it! I should have spoken up and asked her for JUST ONE!
:LOL:

013.JPG

Got one!

I have that same Tillamook Hazelnut ice cream in my freezer right now. Isn't it wonderful?! LOVE that stuff! :yum:

I also grab one of those little mini pies at Wallyworld now and then. Pretty darn good, and especially convenient for a family of one. :)

I have that same Tillamook Hazelnut ice cream in my freezer right now. Isn't it wonderful?! LOVE that stuff! :yum:

I also grab one of those little mini pies at Wallyworld now and then. Pretty darn good, and especially convenient for a family of one. :)

Here's another fun fact that I've discovered about these single serve pies:
I've found that it's much more humid here in Central/Northern AZ and pie crust goes mushy quickly.
Plus, I don't like Apple pie, I like Pecan, which DH does not care for,
so, win win!
And yes Cheryl, that is one of the better Tillamook Ice Cream in our humble opinions anyways.
https://www.popsicle.com/products/creamsicle-bar
I also have a box of Creamsicles hiding in the deep freeze in the garage,
SSSHHHHHHH! :LOL:

Ooooh....Creamsicles. Haven't had one of those in ages. :yum:

My daughter also hides her fave goodies from her husband and kids. :LOL:

We haven't had any sort of dessert since New Years ...

That's THIRTY ONE DAYS ago!!

So ...
I made us a huge pan of my Tricked Out Brownies ...

View attachment 29039

I made a double batch and shared with our neighbor
as well as our former neighbor that moved up the road a piece.

Thirty-one days without dessert? Pretty normal for me. I have been snacking on some glazed pecans and almonds, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as dessert.

Pecan pie? WAY too sweet for me. Bread pudding with bourbon sauce is more to my liking. Hot apple pie works for me, too.

I also like tiramisu and flan.

When I go out with my family, they eat sugary sweet desserts. If the dessert menu doesn't have anything I like, I order a vintage Porto, and some cheese, if available.

I do really like brownies, as long as the chocolate used is semi-sweet or dark chocolate.

CD

I bought some "black cocoa" when we were in Amish Country back home. Still haven't figured out what/how I'm going to bake with it...

Based on what I read at your link, I'm not sure what to think about it. Chocolate with high percentage of cocoa is very strong in flavor, and balances sugar well to make a rich, but not too sweet cake or brownie. Your link seems to indicate that "black cocoa" doesn't have much flavor to it. Sounds like you have a food science project in your future.

CD

We haven't had any sort of dessert since New Years ...

That's THIRTY ONE DAYS ago!!

My SIL and daughter are not big fans of sweets so, my dessert adventures have dwindled down to the occasional cooky.
We had dinner @ Hemingway's @ BrassPro last night.. I had a bit of both bread pudding and cheery cobbler, each with a dollop of rum sauce.. I was happy.. :yum: ;)

Ross

My SIL and daughter are not big fans of sweets so, my dessert adventures have dwindled down to the occasional cooky.
We had dinner @ Hemingway's @ BrassPro last night.. I had a bit of both bread pudding and cheery cobbler, each with a dollop of rum sauce.. I was happy.. :yum: ;)

Ross

Maybe you could continue to make your small desserts for 2 and have the second half the next day. Have them for an afternoon tea instead of after dinner.

Maybe you could continue to make your small desserts for 2 and have the second half the next day. Have them for an afternoon tea instead of after dinner.

Good thinking.. :)
I believe that I am going to wait, for the most part, until I have my own place.. A couple of months without daily sweets won't be too hard to take.. I've kinda become used to doing without already.. :ermm:

Ross

Thirty-one days without dessert? Pretty normal for me. I have been snacking on some glazed pecans and almonds, but I'm not sure if that qualifies as dessert.

Pecan pie? WAY too sweet for me. Bread pudding with bourbon sauce is more to my liking. Hot apple pie works for me, too.

I also like tiramisu and flan.

When I go out with my family, they eat sugary sweet desserts. If the dessert menu doesn't have anything I like, I order a vintage Porto, and some cheese, if available.

I do really like brownies, as long as the chocolate used is semi-sweet or dark chocolate.

CD

To me anyways, a handful of nuts is called a snack.
And a nice warm Apple Pie is available in my home, often, stop by ;)
I love love love Courvoisier or a Cognac or Amaretto, NEAT if you please :brows:
Lastly, I'm guessing you've not hit my hyperlink to my blog, I use Dark Chocolate :yum:

I bought some "black cocoa" when we were in Amish Country back home. Still haven't figured out what/how I'm going to bake with it...

CG, I also read that article about Black Cocoa, that it really has no taste, that its meant for color? I tried Dark Cocoa Powder in my Brownie recipe and wasn't thrilled.

Ross

Don't stop Ross!

+1

Good thinking.. :)
I believe that I am going to wait, for the most part, until I have my own place.. A couple of months without daily sweets won't be too hard to take.. I've kinda become used to doing without already.. :ermm:

Ross

My ex-wife loves desserts. I gave her the nickname "dessert hound," and she did not argue or complain. :LOL:

There used to be this place near us that made hand-rolled truffles. They were outstanding. I would sometimes go by and pick up some of whatever they had that particular day, and we would savor them that evening.

I also taught her about pairing dessert wines with fruits and cheeses, which she had never experienced growing up in rural Oklahoma, and she really took to that quickly. We would have that on a stay-at-home date night.

She liked really sweet things, like pecan pie. She had to enjoy that with her family, because it was way too sweet for me.

Her mom was a baking queen. When we went to her mom's house for a holiday, she baked everyone's favorite pie. Seriously, she would bake ten-plus pies, and they were all top-chef quality.

CD

If you are looking for some guidance regarding dark chocolate, take a looksee at Hershey's and King Arthur sites. Hershey's has the same cake I like to make for holidays, but only with dark cocoa. When compared to using regular cocoa, there are differences in how to bake with the dark chocolate. If I hadn't bothered to go to the dark cocoa recipe, I would have had a disaster on my hands.

I also read up with King Arthur and learned a lot about the differences between regular cocoa and dark chocolate cocoa. I got quite an education between the two sites.

Back
Top Bottom