What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
001.jpg

I really don't know why, but I wanted this:

evenly cut brownies, finally.jpg

A nice fudgy Brownie with Pecans, topped with a good
quality Vanilla Ice Cream (Tillamook) and some homemade
Blueberry Jam-warmed to top it all off.

DH couldn't wait any longer, bless his soul
I never let him touch anything until it's fully cooled
and then sliced accordingly
this took all of his will power, I'll ya

003.jpg

004.jpg

Hershey's Rocky Road Brownies

Holy Cow!
I had just a small bit, MAN!
That is rich and decadent, like me tell you buddy!

The recipe states to slice with a wet knife, and I thought, really? why?
HMMM!
Now I know
:doh:
Those melted marshmallows are VERY sticky!
:LOL:

I'm not big on desserts, but my family are, one of my go to recipes is creme brûlée with free range eggs. I even have my own torch/ burner.

Russ

A black and white milkshake flavored with coconut milk (the kind in a carton) and some coconut extract. I really like coconut! I may throw a splash of honey, too, because I also really like sweet!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, a black and white milkshake is made with vanilla ice cream and lots of chocolate syrup.

Italian bakery lobster tails are a rare treat. We treated ourselves today. One big one to split:
This has gotta be a pastry, right? I mean, no one would post a real lobster tail in a dessert thread. Took me a sec to figure it out. Looks like some kind of cannoli.

Italian bakery lobster tails are a rare treat...
Those first two words should have been a clue, Joel. ;) It's not anything like a cannoli. While most cannoli shells are crisp and flaky, a lobster tail (or its smaller version, sfogliatelle) is more like a strudel made with phyllo dough. Unlike a strudel, though, the layers of dough are almost chewy. The filling is a bit smoother and creamier than the one I've had in cannoli, too.

Kgirl, I would be envious if I didn't already have an ice cream maker. Homemade ice cream is sooooo good. And, Happy Birthday.

View attachment 30752

Homemade Meyer Lemon Ice Cream made with this recipe
served up with Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snap Cookies
The Ice Cream was a bit too tart for our liking though :(
I’m not much of a dessert person. I do like ice cream, and the stuff you’ve been churning out, K-Girl, looks amazing! Put some kind of syrup on the too-tart Meyer lemon ice cream. A mint syrup might be interesting. Some Indian chutneys are sweet and might compliment the tartness of the lemon. Or make milkshakes!

I've often thought of getting an Ice Cream maker and you sure are tempting me. Unfortunately I'm sensitive to milk! :ermm: I eat cheeses galore and yogurt but not milk or ice cream nor most puddings.

would you be able to adapt those recipes to yogurt? Never thought of doing that before and haven't looked/searched it out but does anyone know off hand?

I've often thought of getting an Ice Cream maker and you sure are tempting me. Unfortunately I'm sensitive to milk! :ermm: I eat cheeses galore and yogurt but not milk or ice cream nor most puddings.

would you be able to adapt those recipes to yogurt? Never thought of doing that before and haven't looked/searched it out but does anyone know off hand?
I’ve never looked for non-dairy ice cream recipes. They are becoming quite popular at the supermarkets, though! About one whole freezer (two doors) is dedicated completely to dairy-free lice cream.” They are, for the most part, delicious. They’re also a bit pricey. My favorite is a new company (to me, anyway), Halo Top. They make a delicious coconut “ice cream” that I think may be better than the real coconut ice creams out there!

Yes, when I do buy some it is always Frozen Yogurt. There is a fair amount out there. But I am more interested in the actual making.

Yes, when I do buy some it is always Frozen Yogurt. There is a fair amount out there. But I am more interested in the actual making.
Frozen yogurt has a specific taste and texture; you can tell that it’s yogurt. These new dairy-free ice creams are quite good at disguising themselves as the real thing. And yes, they’re made with nut milks.

Here are a few links I found, should you wish to peruse them:
Twenty Best Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes
Dairy Free Ice Creams You Can Make at Home
And here’s a kind of basic recipe from TheKitchn

I like these newfangled frozen treats. They suffer a little in texture, but most of them more than make up for the slight texture difference with vibrant, bold flavors. I’m talking about the store-bought varieties; I’ve never tried making them on my own. Haagen Das even has its own line of dairy-free! I think B&J’s does too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom