"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #701
Senior Cook

What's For Dessert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqcoder View Post
Nope, never had them. Is this cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery? Tell us about them, please.

https://www.magnoliabakery.com

Based off of them. Thereís a couple of versions out there if you search.

So far Iíve been able to get the chocolate buttercream frosting pretty close (which is the most important part!). The cake though I think is off and need to figure out better.

You know what that means...going to have to visit Magnolias for more taste testing! :)

Their chocolate buttercream frosting is the best Iíve ever had. Itís supposedly an old early 1900ís popular recipe of the time period. Also you donít refrigerate these which is strange to me.

GimmeAnotherOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 06:43 PM   #702
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeAnotherOne View Post
Looks good. Is that carmelization the browning or ripe banana or just the cake color?
Thank you..

A simple butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract mix to caramelize the banana slices.. The cake is pound cake and the finished product is really good..

Ross

Old 08-31-2019, 09:44 PM   #703
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeAnotherOne View Post
You know what that means...going to have to visit Magnolias for more taste testing! :)
It seems that they are also in Boston so Iíll have to check them out. Maybe you could get a job there to get the recipes...
bbqcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #704
Senior Cook

Chocolate cupcakes. Trying to get Magnolia style down pat. Have the buttercream frosting down but the cake part still not there yet. Oh well guess Iím going to have to make another batch soon... :)

Old 09-08-2019, 09:39 PM   #705
Senior Cook

Magnolia style. Just about there. I made my own buttermilk so it was slightly off I believe. Just about there though. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2031.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	36599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2030.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	36598

Tags
dessert, recipe

What's For Dessert? [ATTACH]22121[/ATTACH] We don't have dessert [I]every night[/I], but when we do, I do it up! I made [URL="https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipe-details.aspx?id=98"]Hershey's Best Brownies[/URL], sans the Creamy Frosting this time (DH loves that!) topped with Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Hersheys-Peppermint-Sundae-Syrup-Bottle/dp/B008J5G1DI"]Hershey's York Peppermint Sundae Syrup[/URL] MMM! How about you, what did you have? 3 stars 1 reviews