Bakechef's Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wonderful!!

PSST did I miss where the powdered sugar is used?

Wonderful!!

PSST did I miss where the powdered sugar is used?

It wouldn't be my recipe if there wasn't a detail left out! :LOL:

You can use that to sprinkle over the brownies, as my mother would say "to gild the lily"!

Last edited:
It wouldn't be my recipe if there wasn't a detail left out! :LOL:

You can use that to sprinkle over the brownies, as my mother would say "to gild the lily"!
Cool someone else like me! LOL I proof read and proof read and STILL leave something out. :LOL:

They look totally yummy! Pity I'm diabetic. Chocolate is my favourite food group (or used to be - diabetic chocolate just isn't the same).

They look totally yummy! Pity I'm diabetic. Chocolate is my favourite food group (or used to be - diabetic chocolate just isn't the same).

Dark Chocolate >50% is a diabetics best friend, all the chocolate and low in sugar. One - two ounces a day is good for you and won't mess with your blood sugars.

Dark Chocolate >50% is a diabetics best friend, all the chocolate and low in sugar. One - two ounces a day is good for you and won't mess with your blood sugars.
Trader Joe's has 85% dark choco that is wonderful. I am type 2 and don't have a problem eating it. My A1C is never above 6.1 (this last one was 6.1 and may have been higher because of all the stress and related issues due to Sandy) and usually 5.9 (the 4 previous to the 6.1 have been 5.9).

Trader Joe's has 85% dark choco that is wonderful. I am type 2 and don't have a problem eating it. My A1C is never above 6.1 (this last one was 6.1 and may have been higher because of all the stress and related issues due to Sandy) and usually 5.9 (the 4 previous to the 6.1 have been 5.9).

Excellent control MsM! My Dad eats Baker's Unsweetened...I can't quite do that.

I keep avoiding this thread. I accidentally-on-purpose read the recipe. I just Knew it would look good based on your other baking projects here and in your blog. Bookmarking it is calorie free.

Pfft what am I saying. I just printed it and set it on the kitchen counter. I have all day saturday ahead of me and need to keep my strength up.

Edit. it doesn't want me to edit. 5 hour update. I let the pan cool while running some errands. Bought a bottle of milk in preparation. Brownies are good/ great. I baked in a 9 x 9 glass pan and lowered the temp a little. Perfect. that was Lunch btw. i might have to "even up" the row this afternoon.

Thanks for your reply. We don't have that brand in SA but I have tried Canderel chocolate and didn't really like it. Mine is also between 5.7 and 6.2 usually. I am a good girl MOST of the time!

This shall be the first recipe I make from this website. I'm not much of a baker but I love brownies. I don't like nuts in my food but I love peanut butter so I think I'll throw in some peanut butter chips.

I'm hoping to make them this evening or tomorrow when the hubby is home & can take over tending the new puppy & the other dog who just had surgery. I am stuck on the sofa holding them, eating nothing but junk this week.

excellent choice for your first-try dc recipe.:) as you shall soon see for yourself, these brownies are to die for! i'm confident that this will be the first of many dc cooking adventures you will have....

This shall be the first recipe I make from this website. I'm not much of a baker but I love brownies. I don't like nuts in my food but I love peanut butter so I think I'll throw in some peanut butter chips.

I'm hoping to make them this evening or tomorrow when the hubby is home & can take over tending the new puppy & the other dog who just had surgery. I am stuck on the sofa holding them, eating nothing but junk this week.

They are so easy and I hope that you'll love them!

Well so much for baking them tonight. I'm still waiting for supper to get done but they will be baked tomorrow for sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom