Brownies #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Melt 1 cup of butter in the microwave, stir in 1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips until melted. (Edit: I melted the butter and then poured it into the sugar and 1 cup of cocoa instead of using the chocolate. I want to jar these recipes)

Stir in 2 cups of sugar (I used one of each brown and white). Add in 4 beaten eggs and stir until well blended.

Stir in 1 cup flour, and 1 cup chocolate chips.

Place in 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes

This will be sort of gooey in the middle with a nice crust on top.

Last edited:
gooey in the middle is a nice thing!!

These sound good and easy!!
I think I'll try a batch today! Yummy!

I'll test them both Alix... but only one this week and one next week or the week after. :)

Alix, since I have a big group who love brownies, I'll be more than happy to test them for you...I'll tell them I have to have at least one piece of each one..Geez t last I get some dessert:LOL: This first one looks super easy and yummy.

kadesma

Michelemarie said:
I will test both recipes, but I only see recipe #1 - am i blind?:wacko:

The 2nd recipe is here. :)

Alix- I made this recipe (#1) this afternoon. I made it the way you did, with cocoa and sugar instead of chocolate. Anyway, I brought them over to my Mom's house and shared them with her choir group that was over. They did not last long! I even had a few people ask for the recipe. I quite liked them too as they were very moist and chewy with a dense texture that I like when I eat a brownie. I will make recipe #2 in the next day or so and let you know which I like better.

Alix,
made recipe #1 today
delicious, easy, in fact if I get everything measured Cade will have a ball making these with me..Wonderful recipe for kids to help with and oh what a taste treat.
Thanks, will try out #2 for this weekend and let you know.
kadesma

Last edited:
Ooh Alix! These sound yummy. I know I've made your brownie recipe before but this one calls for 4 eggs. Are the extra eggs what makes them chewy? I will have to try these soon.

I have recipe #1 in the oven. They smell wonderful!
I didn't have enough cocoa so I had to use the chocolate chips ( and only had milk chocolate).

I guess I should say I tried to make recipe #1.

I liked using the white and brown sugar. The batter had a caramel kind of taste. YUMMY!

Yummmy!!!! The neighbors even called and asked for the recipe! Thanks Alix!!!

The bottom seems a little hard though.. could it have been the dark glass pan I was using? Did you grease your pan or just pour the batter in?

pdswife said:
Yummmy!!!! The neighbors even called and asked for the recipe! Thanks Alix!!!

The bottom seems a little hard though.. could it have been the dark glass pan I was using? Did you grease your pan or just pour the batter in?

I dont know about Alix, but when I made these I used a metal non-stick brownie/cake pan. I lightly spritzed some cooking oil on the bottom of the pan and didnt have the problem you mentioned.

Non stick metal pan here too. Never thought about that pdswife, wonder if the cooking temp is different for glass?

Back
Top Bottom