"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Brownies & Dessert Bars

Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Master Chef

Chocolate/Raspberry Dessert Bars

New experiment for today's pot luck at church; I made up the batter for fudge brownies and added a half-cup of chocolate chips, then baked it off in a 9 inch, square sprinform pan. The pan was lined with parchment paper. When done, I removed the sides and slid the brownies to a plastic cutting sheet. I then made up a second batch of fudge brownie mix, but added a half-cup of shredded coconut to the batter and baked it off. When done, I spread raspberry jam all over the top while the brownies were still hot so as to melt the jam so I could spread it evenly. I then placed cooled brownie, all intact, onto the hot brownie and jam. Into the fridge to cool over night. Finally, this morning, I made instant, white chocolate pudding, using half the milk called for in the directions, then spread that onto my chilled concoction. While still somewhat soft, I spread it all over the top layer of the brownies. Finally, I made vanilla instant pudding, again using half of the milk, and spread it over the white chocolate pudding that was now set.

Not sure how this will taste, but I think it should go over well. My only regret is that I used a normal, nine-inch cake pan for the 2nd batch of brownies. I wish I would have taken the time to wash the springform pan so that I could have cute the desert into squares, then removed the sides for easier serving. We shall see how this turns out. I'll keep everyone posted.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Master Chef

The desert tasted very good, but the texture was a little harder than I liked, even though I cooked it for the minimum time listed on the package. Next time, I might make it more cake like instead of chewy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brownie mix, chocolate, chocolate chips, coconut, pudding, raspberry, raspberry jam, recipe

Chocolate/Raspberry Dessert Bars New experiment for today's pot luck at church; I made up the batter for fudge brownies and added a half-cup of chocolate chips, then baked it off in a 9 inch, square sprinform pan. The pan was lined with parchment paper. When done, I removed the sides and slid the brownies to a plastic cutting sheet. I then made up a second batch of fudge brownie mix, but added a half-cup of shredded coconut to the batter and baked it off. When done, I spread raspberry jam all over the top while the brownies were still hot so as to melt the jam so I could spread it evenly. I then placed cooled brownie, all intact, onto the hot brownie and jam. Into the fridge to cool over night. Finally, this morning, I made instant, white chocolate pudding, using half the milk called for in the directions, then spread that onto my chilled concoction. While still somewhat soft, I spread it all over the top layer of the brownies. Finally, I made vanilla instant pudding, again using half of the milk, and spread it over the white chocolate pudding that was now set. Not sure how this will taste, but I think it should go over well. My only regret is that I used a normal, nine-inch cake pan for the 2nd batch of brownies. I wish I would have taken the time to wash the springform pan so that I could have cute the desert into squares, then removed the sides for easier serving. We shall see how this turns out. I'll keep everyone posted. Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews