Macadamia White Chocolate Brownies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I really want to try this! I absolutely love Macadamias and white chocolate!

Macadamia White Chocolate Brownies
Makes: 5 dz

6 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
1 c unsalted butter
1 ¼ c all-purpose flour
2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ t baking powder
¼ t salt
6 eggs
2 ¼ c granulated sugar
2 t vanilla extract
1 c (6 oz) white chocolate chips
1 ¼ c macadamia nuts, chopped, in all

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 10 x 15” pan (jellyroll) with aluminum foil, shiny side up, and grease lightly. In the top pan of a double boiler, combine the chocolate and butter. Place over the lower pan of hot water and heat until melted, then stir until smooth and let cool. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. In the large bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whip attachment, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Beat in the sugar and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in the melted chocolate and the flour mixture. Stir in the white chocolate chips and ¾ c of the nuts. Spread in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or just until barely set. Let cool in the pan on a rack, then cut into 1 ½” squares.
Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.

Ohhhh, awwww...:mrgreen: I remember when the big mac nut & white choc cookie craze hit, lol in fact it's never gone out of style in my kitchen :LOL: This looks bowl and spoon licking good Allen, thanks for sharing!

This does sound good, I LOVE the mac and white chocolate cookies and never thought of doing it with brownies!

Oh, yeah!! As a huge white chocolate fan, I always wondered whether "Whities" (instead of Brownies) would be possible. Is there a reason that here also some amount of dark chocolate is used? What kind of problems may occur if a "all white whities" is to be made? Amount of cocoa butter?

Allen... you're going to make me a very fat person! These recipes that you've been posting make me HUNGRY!

urmaniac13 said:
Oh, yeah!! As a huge white chocolate fan, I always wondered whether "Whities" (instead of Brownies) would be possible. Is there a reason that here also some amount of dark chocolate is used? What kind of problems may occur if a "all white whities" is to be made? Amount of cocoa butter?
urmaniac13, what you are thinking of are called "blondies". I have many recipes for those as well. I'll try to post some.

pdswife said:
Allen... you're going to make me a very fat person! These recipes that you've been posting make me HUNGRY!
HEHEHEHEHE!!! Thanks! That's my job!

AllenMI said:
urmaniac13, what you are thinking of are called "blondies". I have many recipes for those as well. I'll try to post some.

:w00t2: Oooooh yeah, yes yes pleeeease!!:clap:

Back
Top Bottom