Would someone help w/recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure - post the ingredients and if it's not a copyrighted recipe post the method. If it is a copyrighted recipe just list some basic instructions on how to make it. Most bakers will be able to tell just from the ingredients, I feel sure.

it's a cookie bar; nothing too exotic.l i'll post it in the morning. thanks!

This is it...thanks !

CHOCOLATE MARBLE SQUARES

2 sticks of marg. - tastes like too much marg, help !!!!
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla extract (Pure)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 bag (10 oz) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, cream marg, eggs, vanilla until smooth. Add sugars. Mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Spread into a lined 11 x 15 " pan (smaller jelly roll pan) spread batter over pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter. Place in over for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and with a knife, marblize the melted chips over top of batter. Return to oven for another 15 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.

it doesn't sound like too much to me. However, I would sub butter for margarine, both for taste and health.

It appears from doing an Internet search that 1 stick of butter is normally used. I did see a recipe with 2 sticks of margarine but I'm with Robo here - butter is waaaaay better for us!

we never use butter, too many dairy allergies in the family. if i cut it down to one, will i need extra liquid ?

go with 1 stick.

BTW

does ti come out like a somewhat Choc Chip Cookie? becuase its almost escatly the same recipe exceipe for the fat that is used (margine) is oil based which doesnt have the same properities as butter or shorting which solidify at room temp.

what baotu trying some shortening? you can get butter flavored and i assure you it will taste so much better.

isn't margarine the same as shortening? i have crisco in the house, think i should use that instead?

I have a recipe that is basically the same. It calls for 1 cup Butter, no salt, and 1 cup chocolate Chips. Other than that everything else is the same. I have never used margarine in this recipe so I don't know if that will change anything. I've used Land o Lakes Margarine in other cookie bar recipes and not had any problems. Even my shortbread cookies came out fine.

The only thing that I recommend is waiting longer to swirl the choc. chips. It could take up to 10 min. for them to be melted enough to swirl properly. So just watch.

I was just wondering if the recipe was pre-printed like out of a book or hand written and could have been mis-written.

Last edited:
Shortening is made from Vegetable Oil and is essentially 100% fat compared to 80% butter and margarine.

Lard is made from pig fat and is best used in making soap.

Yes it does you are correct. I use shortening in my chocolate chip cookie recipe I prefer it to recipes that call for butter.

So probably would work best in this recipe especially with dairy allergies. The butter flavored one.

Back
Top Bottom