2018 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!
GG, I hope that if its up to snuff, you'll share that recipe?
Thanks, K'girl and Cheryl! It was a big hit! [emoji2]

K'girl, I made one recipe of the master no-knead bread dough from "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and used 1/4 of it for this bread. Then I followed the directions from this video. I happen to have a pizza roller just like this one, from Pampered Chef.

https://artisanbreadinfive.com/2013...tes-a-day-is-launched-back-to-basics-updated/

https://youtu.be/pS_bdPeyS_U

I hope that your car will be every bit as good as I know that banana bread will be... :)

Ross
Thanks, Ross. The salesman seemed very appreciative today. It looks like he plans on hunting down a couple more nice goodies for my car. I must reward with more banana nut bread...or maybe a selection of scones. Baker's choice. ;)

Received the February 2018 issue of Southern Living magazine and, as usual, I went straight to the recipes. Never had anything but exceptional recipes from these folks.

Came across a recipe for Shaker Lemon Pie that sounded worth investigating.

Made it today and, instead of purchased pie crust, I made my own. Had the pie for dessert tonight....whoa! Fantastic.

Southern Living strikes again. Walked into the kitchen the other day to find Glenn thumbing through this latest edition and he'd bookmarked two pages, both with recipes he appeared to be drooling over.

Didn't have all the ingredients for the hot brown casserole he's noted but we did have everything to make the Lemon-Orange Pound Cake. It's in the oven and beginning to smell really goooood!

Glenn is particularly fond of citrus desserts. The Shaker lemon pie was a 100% winner and I expect this pound cake to get an A+ rating as well.

I'll get what I need for the hot brown casserole when I go to the market on Tuesday.

Thanks, K'girl and Cheryl! It was a big hit! [emoji2]

K'girl, I made one recipe of the master no-knead bread dough from "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and used 1/4 of it for this bread. Then I followed the directions from this video. I happen to have a pizza roller just like this one, from Pampered Chef.

https://artisanbreadinfive.com/2013...tes-a-day-is-launched-back-to-basics-updated/

https://youtu.be/pS_bdPeyS_U

Nice!
DH are ban from anything white for the next, oh, 3 months (swimsuit season is coming :wink, so after that ...

Pulled out my Mom's favorite spice cake recipe. Dad bitched at me, he buys box mixes and doesn't understand why I bake from scratch.

After 15 years of looking for my favourite oatmeal cookie recipe, I found it. Where you ask? In a cookbook I owned for the last 12 years!! *sigh* I have used this book for soup and dessert and bread and missed the cookie section completely .

So I made it and it was as lovely as I remembered.

Isn't it great being able to make a recipe from long ago, CakePoet? It's like tasting memories. I get all smiley when I make my Mom's banana nut bread recipe. Reminds me of growing up.

My bake today was only a box mix, but a doctored up version. I made Pillsbury pumpkin quick bread and added walnuts to the mix. After it was baked, I remembered that I had pistachios in the pantry. I bet it would have been good with pistachios...

It is silly how simple this recipe is, it just 200 gram butter, 200 gram sugar, 400 gram rolled oats but it is the method that makes a difference, you need to grind the mixture to get the right texture.

I made double chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks, Penzeys Cocoa Powder and Korintje Cinnamon. And sprinkles ? ♥
0208181845a.jpg

Forgot to tell you - I made another loaf of fougasse yesterday. This one was stuffed with red peppers I bought at our farmers market over the weekend and roasted. I topped it with Penzeys Frozen Pizza Seasoning and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Really good.
0212181900b.jpg

We were out of bread. As in none. My Dad the Breadman would have been mortified! :shock: I was too lazy to get dressed in "out in public" clothes, so I baked a loaf of whole wheat bread. Once in gear, I decided it would be a good idea to use up the very ripe bananas, too. I mixed up two loaves of banana nut bread while the wheat bread was baking - one loaf to eat, one to freeze for later.

We knocked off about 1/2 of the wheat bread today. I guess I'll bake another loaf of bread tomorrow? :LOL:

Attachments

• 20180213_205052.jpg
    20180213_205052.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 145
  • 20180213_210753.jpg
    20180213_210753.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom