"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2019, 03:56 AM   #21
Master Chef

Isn't it amazing that,asa twenty year old I could eat 2 Wendy's Triples, with cheese, a bowl of chili, a large order of fries, and a side of baked beans, together with a large strawberry shake/malt. Now,I can't finish 1 whole, cap on, bone in ribeye, with a baked tater and cole slaw. 8 to10 brookies is now 2 to three 3. A stack of 7 pancakes is now a stack of three, and so on. And to top it off, I couldn't gain weight when I was twenty. I was 135 lbs, and wanted to gain weight, so I would be more normal. I wish I still had that body So, we adapt,and learn to enjoy quality rather than quantity. It's all good.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:23 AM   #22
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
Isn't it amazing that,asa twenty year old I could eat 2 Wendy's Triples, with cheese, a bowl of chili, a large order of fries, and a side of baked beans, together with a large strawberry shake/malt. Now,I can't finish 1 whole, cap on, bone in ribeye, with a baked tater and cole slaw. 8 to10 brookies is now 2 to three 3. A stack of 7 pancakes is now a stack of three, and so on. And to top it off, I couldn't gain weight when I was twenty. I was 135 lbs, and wanted to gain weight, so I would be more normal. I wish I still had that body So, we adapt,and learn to enjoy quality rather than quantity. It's all good.

Man, we must be related, somehow. I could eat like that back in college, and still wear jeans with a 28-inch waste. My college roommate was thin, too, but stood 6'7". We would go to all you can eat t-bone night at Trail Dust, and I'd eat three, and he could polish off about 7.

Of course, I swam 20 laps a day, and he played basketball two or three nights a week. We also did 20-30 mile bike treks with another roomate.

Now, I can't swim two laps without a rest, and I couldn't finish my ribeye tonight.

But, back then, we also ate a lot of cheap food -- we were college students. Today, like you said, I'm more about quality than quantity.

CD

Old 06-19-2019, 04:57 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Seared Ahi, Grilled Yellow Squash w/ Garlic & pepper, Lightly Fried rice with Shrimps....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	35246
Old 06-19-2019, 09:46 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Man, we must be related, somehow...
Of course, I swam 20 laps a day, and he played basketball two or three nights a week. We also did 20-30 mile bike treks with another roomate.

Now, I can't swim two laps without a rest, and I couldn't finish my ribeye tonight.

But, back then, we also ate a lot of cheap food -- we were college students. Today, like you said, I'm more about quality than quantity.

CD
Yeh, I was extremely active back then as well. I rode horses, dirtbiikes, bycycles, and walked a fair amount. I was in Judo three times a wek, and roller skating every Saturday night. I went to the gym regularly. I sot archery, and skeet, and played a little golf. When I left Tennesee, and got stationed in San Diego, my activity level increased to include scuba, and dirt-bike hill climbing as well. Those were amazing days. To bad we can't go back. Ah well, I have a lifetime of memories.

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner, fish