6th of May, dinner you say? 5-6-2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya know how I'm very picky about the steaks I buy? I wait until I find a steak that meats my standards, purchase it, and stick it in the freezer until I have enough of them saved up for a good meal. Last night, I pulled out 2 porterhouse, and one rib-eye, each of them beautifully marbled. I fired up the Webber, and made a tossed salad of Romain, cucumber, and tomato, with ranch, and freshly made avocado dressing on the side. Steaks were cooked over a solid bed of charcoal until medium rare, and served up. They were seasoned only with salt. I didn't even use pepper for a change. I was hungry for the pure flavor of good beef.

DW, Son, & I enjoyed a very simple, but very good meal. Finish it all with a cold glass of milk. No desert required.:chef::mrgreen:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Ya know how I'm very picky about the steaks I buy? I wait until I find a steak that meats my standards, purchase it, and stick it in the freezer until I have enough of them saved up for a good meal. Last night, I pulled out 2 porterhouse, and one rib-eye, each of them beautifully marbled. I fired up the Webber, and made a tossed salad of Romain, cucumber, and tomato, with ranch, and freshly made avocado dressing on the side. Steaks were cooked over a solid bed of charcoal until medium rare, and served up. They were seasoned only with salt. I didn't even use pepper for a change. I was hungry for the pure flavor of good beef.

DW, Son, & I enjoyed a very simple, but very good meal. Finish it all with a cold glass of milk. No desert required.:chef::mrgreen:
Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I do the same thing and I have ever since I was young and started living on my own.

My friends and I used to call it making a deposit in the steak bank! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom