8-18 Dinner Plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blah blah blah... potatoes and beer? you must be part irish, pac. :) your dinner sounds great!

harry, glad to hear you're on the mend. my wife would love your chook.

wait, that doesn't sound right. lol.

we ate here yesterday: An Authentic Amish Cooking Restaurant near Strasburg in Lancaster County | Katie's Kitchen

the food was OUTSTANDING!

after many years of weekend trips to amish country, we had always been somewhat disappointed with the promises of fresh and local foods prepared simply and honestly. they were never any better than any jersey diner of which we are supremely accustomed.

but katie's amish kitchen rocks! after a fairly long wait, then another long wait after being seated and ordering, we realized that they cook everything fresh, and from scratch.

we started with unbelivably soft, warm dinner rolls and a delicious peanut butter spread. then my boy had fried chicken and sweet potato fries; dw had a grilled chicken sandwich ; and i had the beef and noodles.

dessert was blueberry pie for the wife and i, and a whoopee pie for the boy.

i can't quite describe how fresh and flavourful everything was. the chicken really tasted of chicken, if that makes any sense.

my beef and noodles was kinda like a shredded pot roast over thick, potato linguini in a fantastic brown gravy (as good as my own mother's). and the fried chicken blew away popeyes or kfc on their best day, ever!

there was no talking during dessert. best blueberry pie i've ever had in my life. and my boy managed to wear as much of the whoopee pie as he ate, it was that good that he pounded it into his gob.

we finally found real amish food, the way it is advertised, over and over.

if you are ever in or near lancaster/strasburg pa., go directly to katie's.

Last edited:
why thank you ma'am!could have done with someone to help me eat it tho'...i mean it's only me arm that's out of action;)!
Harry--I've cancelled my ticket to come and cook for you while you recover from surgery--obviously, you don't need any help cooking--especially not from a rudimentary cook like myself! Nice job (good thing I wasn't reading DC out on the deck with Harriet on my lap--she'd have been mortified).

i remember harry's posts on it. pics were beautiful.

i promise to visit you boys with my boy in the next few years, so we can wet a line, toss a few back, and have a laugh. bait, hooks, and first round's on me.

Harry--I've cancelled my ticket to come and cook for you while you recover from surgery--obviously, you don't need any help cooking--especially not from a rudimentary cook like myself! Nice job (good thing I wasn't reading DC out on the deck with Harriet on my lap--she'd have been mortified).
poor old harriet...a bit like watching "cannibal island" with a distant relative in the starring role eh cw?
i'm sure you're more than a rudimentary cook,far too modest m'dear.think you had better re book the flight matey.i had a visit from the aftercare team yesterday,they asked if i was following the physio plan,told them i had me own plan & they gave me a right royal bollocking just 'cos i cooked that chicken & did some washing etc:ermm::rolleyes::LOL:!!said no cooking & to take it easy for next two weeks....we'll see about that cw!!
good news is tesco delivered yesterday part of the order was jarlsberg slices,smoked ham,sliced sourdough,a new pack of toaster bags & a few bottles of carlsberg lager......guess what i'm having tonight!!

i remember harry's posts on it. pics were beautiful.

i promise to visit you boys with my boy in the next few years, so we can wet a line, toss a few back, and have a laugh. bait, hooks, and first round's on me.
that's a date then tom!that amish place looks excellent matey,darn good prices too.......not sure about the piggy eating a burger tho'.....all kinds of unfortunate connotations..........:ermm:!
soooo mrs tom,come & lie on the couch & tell me,what was it that you found so attractive about harry's chook.................?

lol, i told you guys he goes by the name doctor cobean!

he has several couches. one for each day of the week.

lol, i told you guys he goes by the name doctor cobean!

he has several couches. one for each day of the week.
so this bloke came to see me
i said"what's the problem"
he said"i think i'm a dog"
i said"jump on the couch & we'll talk"
he said"i'm not allowed on the furniture"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom