"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 11-03-2004, 11:09 AM   #11
Re: Annual Christmas Question

Originally Posted by kyles
I asked a similar question last year, and think this may be an annual event, unless dh and I get adopted from some kind family in our village.

We have no one to share Christmas with, it's just the two of us. I am beginning to think about Christmas lunch. Tradition here is turkey, as we don't do thanksgiving in England.

What to cook?? I made Beef Wellington last Christmas. No idea what to do for dessert, usually tradition is Christmas pudding, but I fancy a change. I love cooking for Christmas, and feel very sad it's just the two of us, I am used to chaotically busy Christmasses with lots of people around. sigh. :(
Mmmmmmm your Beef Wellington sounds yummy!!!!! I don't know.. it all depends on what you like.. I hear you have fantastic brown gravy over there... and there's nothing like it... at least not over here... make something like a cranberry/pear cobbler for dessert.. since you like cranberries. That is really good!

Juliev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #12
Senior Cook
Northeners are famous (or is it notorious?) for their statements about how friendly they are.

Perhaps it is not true, and people are more friendly in the South.

At any rate, the word "cosmopolitan" is not the first that comes to my mind when the word "Lancashire" is mentioned.

I think that perhaps you need to meet such people as might have a more cosmopolitan background in your area. You might think of joining the Wine Society:

Not because of the wines, but because they have tastings around the country, and I believe dinners, and you would be more likely to meet people with your own interests.

Not much help perhaps, but a start.

Darkstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:30 PM   #13
Master Chef
chin-up and smile...
you're at a complete advantage.... you only have yourself and hubs to feed, so you can kind of buy any food you want and blame the cost on something else.
indulge and enjoy!!! :D

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote